Infinity000

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2004 CR-V
Country flag
Stock v stock. Iā€™d take that R+ gauge cluster. Those wheels/tires and thatā€™s about it. Iā€™m just happy thereā€™s a next gen. I knew we had good sales from the FK8 but I wouldnā€™t have been surprised if they cut US markets again.

As long as there is hyped interest, which I am believing there will continue to be, they will keep selling to the US market. California's latest car restrictions might force a change for the next R or two being an EV. Not sure how I feel about that...
Sponsored

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
As long as there is hyped interest, which I am believing there will continue to be, they will keep selling to the US market. California's latest car restrictions might force a change for the next R or two being an EV. Not sure how I feel about that...
As much as I want to believe that. I feel some cars just get the CUT. Sad, but it happens. I do agree with the new EV movement though. Thatā€™s going to be inevitable.

CTR39322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR(sold) DE5 Acura Integra
Country flag
Kia stinger rear end, eBay spoiler, all the dealer hassle associated to buying one, and the journalist approved in the pack design (most who arenā€™t buying one anyway)doesnā€™t get me interested over my FK8. I do like the wheels, tires and valved exhaust. I could care less about the infotainment and the sound system on this car. Iā€™m happy they are making them.

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
No thanx. Soy boy type r. So soft and vw beetle like haunches. Nevermind the tablet in your line of sight.

thank you next.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TBH, after driving the FK8, anything less than an LE wonā€™t get me into the next one. I do like all the improvements on the FL5. I sense that Honda will skip the next generation after the FL5 and go straight into full electrification for the next-next CTR (~2030). Itā€™s pointless to do hybrid due to weight and having to keep operating legacy ICE plants.

Honda Civic 10th gen Official 2023 Civic Type R (FL5) U.S. Specs Released šŸ“£ D4E56861-27D6-447A-BA2A-CF15557220FB

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
So far the proportions of the car look off in pictures for me. Specifically the front looks weird and long while the side profile kind of resembles a CUV. However, if it looks good in person I will likely trade my FK8 that's low miles and paid off for an FL5. I'd like to think dealers would entertain a trade-in that I'm offering with no MSRP. I intend to return to the dealer I purchased the FK8 at.
I agree and was thinking the same thing. I like everything but the side profile. It looks odd to me, but will have to see it in person.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Iā€™m 99% sure most of us will love this thing in person. From what Iā€™ve seen the in person effect is very aggressive

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 CW Type R
Country flag
Iā€™m curious about the FL5 19x9.5 wheels and if they will fit on an FK8 with 265/35 tires.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Just talked to the youngest kid(40 yo) who had his name on the list at two different dealers in his area (North Carolina). They called and told him based on the projected allocation now received from Honda US that they were dropping people from the list because they would only be getting about one per quarter...so the guess of low production/allocations seem accurate.

FK8CW2019

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Just talked to the youngest kid(40 yo) who had his name on the list at two different dealers in his area (North Carolina). They called and told him based on the projected allocation now received from Honda US that they were dropping people from the list because they would only be getting about one per quarter...so the guess of low production/allocations seem accurate.
people are going to be paying LE pricing or more for the FL5

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just randomly visited Honda Sandusky (Victory, I think) yesterday. They said all their Honda's have automatic 4k markups. They have 2 Si's coming in soon (both unclaimed), but each with 10k markups, and finally he said the Type R's they will try to sell for 100k!! I don't think he was joking. But I still laughed.
Sponsored