New 2017 Civic Si Coupe Render

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
RWD civic will never happen.

AWD is unlikely.

FWD is what the si will be. Lots of competition for Honda to try the AWD market. Subaru sti and focus rs will own that. Honda will have to try to wiggle it's way into the market by offering a car that might be slightly cheaper than the sti but only FWD. (I know the current type r is same price as the RS in europe)
Well, it has to compete against something right? I just don't think if they are aiming for a performance based car, that FWD is the right way to go. I'm not sure. I guess we will find out.
Sponsored

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Dreamin is fun but getting tired of it. Ha. I know fwd is most likely Si 2017. But in the future all these cars are gonna have hybrid power trains. Which at first sound some people are like noooo. But electric power being instant will be very inviting during the Si refresh ha. Imo kinda like a mild nsx ha
Power trains should go to a two way power plant in the future. Mix of electric and engine for gas efficiency and fun. I mean, look at the Accord Hybrid. 700 miles on a tank? Not to mention it has pretty great torque. Super cars use it to achieve greater velocity, quickly. I hope they do that. Not anytime soon though.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
No way Honda is going AWD or RWD. Civic has and always will be FWD. Not happening. Too much rich racing history.

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Not really feeling those faux vents on the rear bumper. In fact the whole thing looks a little too try-hard for me, though it might not look too out of place at Hot Import Nights. IMHO the stock design is a lot cleaner and better looking.

SPEEDANDTECH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accords
they can make it look nice but somehow their car will be jacked up and then wait another 2 years for someone to release the springs. By then the new shape will be circulating and I am gonna lose interest. the story of my life.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'll bet Tein is already working on a set. Man the machine they have to make springs is awesome- just need to enter the specs and it whips them out. It won't be long...!

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Well, it has to compete against something right? I just don't think if they are aiming for a performance based car, that FWD is the right way to go. I'm not sure. I guess we will find out.
The Si has always been a budget performance car with fwd. Don't expect that to change.

OP
OP
S005J

S005J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 civic Si
Country flag
I just saw it.. Looks like I got the rear wrong...But pretty darn close... minus the rocker additions and front lip.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm loving the conspiracy theory angle...So I'll just leave this here.. 3DR hatchback.... Working on the other views.

Honda Civic 10th gen New 2017 Civic Si Coupe Render 7MI9CGM
OOOO...I want those side spoilers.. Waiting to see what aero kits come out for the Si to put on my coupe!! Nice:D:thumbsup: