My new WOP SI coupe

mister_egg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OWP Civic Si Coupe
Got the overlays from grfxp.com from the hatchback model since they're same size and for the led:

JDM ASTAR 10pcs Super Bright 194 168 175 2825 T10 PX Chipsets LED Bulbs,Xenon White (Best Value on the market) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DE7UC6C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_isGewsku1ZHxW
Awesome, thank you! For the LEDs, you use all those same LEDs for all the interior lights? Meaning, are all the interior lights one socket size? Were the housings difficult to remove to get to the lights? Also, for your LED low beams, where did you end up mounting the ballasts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
No problem. All the LED were the same size. Housings were simple to remove, just go slow and use a small flat tip screwdriver to pry open the little notches. Should pop right off.

For the LED low beams, I basically did what this guy in the video did.
informative video :)

Awesome, thank you! For the LEDs, you use all those same LEDs for all the interior lights? Meaning, are all the interior lights one socket size? Were the housings difficult to remove to get to the lights? Also, for your LED low beams, where did you end up mounting the ballasts?

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Coupe (WOP)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wow, that is DARK, but looks so so good! my hats off to you!

...wish I could {legally} go that dark

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
We cant legally do that here. It's 35% legal. I'm 15% front 2 windows and 5% side windows, rear and front. Never had issues with cops here.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a perscription for 30% on my previous civic. most cops didn't care until I moved to a new area, then I got pulled over here and there. They couldn't give me a ticket because of the perscription but it sure was a pain to get pulled over so many times. Worst was parking my car, came back and there was a ticket waiting for me. that was lovely.

so to avoid all that best I can do is 50%. doesn't give me the look you have but the UV protection sure is helpful!

but again, that is one nice tinted white civic you got there!

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your tint problems. That def stinks. Thank you sir.

jpuhl777

First Name
Jp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry to hear about your tint problems. That def stinks. Thank you sir.
no worries, it is what it is. It just feels uneven to me in regards to law. I swear around my parts if you had an AMG or S class you could donuts around a cop car and they would wave at you but heaven forbid you have a lowered civic they will start to follow you around.

oh well...

mister_egg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OWP Civic Si Coupe
No problem. All the LED were the same size. Housings were simple to remove, just go slow and use a small flat tip screwdriver to pry open the little notches. Should pop right off.

For the LED low beams, I basically did what this guy in the video did.
informative video :)
I guess I have my first few mods set for me already, haha. Thanks again for all the information. One last thing, when you put the overlay on the fogs, did you remove the black bezel part from the bumper, or did you just install it without removing anything? (My bad with all the questions, lol!)

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not a problem at all. I didn't remove anything. Just used their EZ spray application spray they sell and wet it and applied. Used a hair dryer or heat gun to apply. I messed up on mine if you look close and I'll probably redo them. They can be a pain just a heads up. I ordered 2 pairs just for that purpose

I guess I have my first few mods set for me already, haha. Thanks again for all the information. One last thing, when you put the overlay on the fogs, did you remove the black bezel part from the bumper, or did you just install it without removing anything? (My bad with all the questions, lol!)

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is also a pic of what the morimoto led bulbs look like at night. Love the color and output.

Not a problem at all. I didn't remove anything. Just used their EZ spray application spray they sell and wet it and applied. Used a hair dryer or heat gun to apply. I messed up on mine if you look close and I'll probably redo them. They can be a pain just a heads up. I ordered 2 pairs just for that purpose
Honda Civic 10th gen My new WOP SI coupe IMG_2239.JPG

OP
OP
elusiveaura

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll be doing high beams sometime soon. Wanted to test out low first. Where did you order yours from and how much? I got mine at retrofitsource.com

Can't wait. I had Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs in my WRX, so I'm excited for these. Already placed an order, lol.

mister_egg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 OWP Civic Si Coupe
I'll be doing high beams sometime soon. Wanted to test out low first. Where did you order yours from and how much? I got mine at retrofitsource.com
Same website since I've ordered from them before when I got the light upgrades for my WRX. I paid $120 :spaz: