Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't seem to get the whole thread posted here. Keep getting a server error. Will edit once I can post the whole thing.

Hey guys. I wanted to just post my opinions on our car after the first 1800 miles. Why 1800? No specific reason, other than I noticed the car drives way better now than when I first got it from the dealer. The car feels overall better as it continues to break in.

First off, I am a 37 year old guy, married with two boys, age 4 and 6. I have always been a Honda fan, having owned 6 previous Hondas, a 96 Integra GSR, 87 Accord, 91 Civic, 05 Accord, 13 Accord Sport, and a 14 CRV. My Accord Sport was what I traded in on the Civic Si. I liked the Accord a lot. After a while, it started to feel like a really big car, despite performing really well for it's size. That being said, things worked out with my dealer where I could trade in my Accord with worn tires, pocket some cash, and get the Si without any money out of pocket, and my payment is a few dollars less. Negotiated price for the Si, before tax and tags, was $22,987.00, on June 28 2017.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not an extreme driver, however, I do like to drive spirited pretty often. I feel that this Si is definitely a very well made, grown up version of the Si's of old (99-mid 2000's). For those of us who were into Honda's during the initial Fast and Furious craze, we were all about the high revving, giant "shopping cart for God" spoilers, drop your car as low as you dared, and race anyone who mirrored your flashing hazard lights. For me, anyway, those days are mostly gone, but I still love to tinker with anything new, and NEED something fun to drive.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
Hi there

I feel like we're the same guy!

Also got a four door 17 Si, in WOP.

Turning 36 soon. Have two kids, 6 and 4, and also have a long history of Hondas.

I got my Si for the same reasons you did. Alternatively, I almost got an accord sport in 6mt, but it is large and my wife already has a 12 accord.

I feel the car drives better now at 1000 miles than day 1. Aside from a few minor things such as visor sag and some rattles, it's everything I wanted.

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
older in age, but clearly not in heart. We're all hooked.

I'm 31 and unapologetic about my green coupe

I bounced around between the coupe and the sedan for about three hours, but finally decided on the sedan.

I kind of regret it because the coupe styling is actually more conservative IMO with smaller fake vents, but overall the sedan made more sense to me

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
I bounced around between the coupe and the sedan for about three hours, but finally decided on the sedan.

I kind of regret it because the coupe styling is actually more conservative IMO with smaller fake vents, but overall the sedan made more sense to me
Completely agreed on all counts. The coupe looks less frumpy/awkward, but the sedan is for sure more practical

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Welcome. I agree this car attracts a whole different demographic, particularly among enthusiasts with families.

The look of the faux rear grills is growing on me. Though I do wish Honda had mirrored the look of the coupe.

OP
OP
jakabony

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I feel like this car checks all the boxes. If you want to baby it and get 40mpg, no problem. But if you want to drop it in second at 30mph, and light up the tires, put a big stupid smile on your face, and get to 80 real quick, it's there for you too. The car feels way faster than the numbers suggest. And that's what it's really all about.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm curious how many Si's are getting used as kid haulers. My sedan replaces a '15 Fit in that role.
I am 23 but bought a sedan instead of a coupe for that exact reason. Wife and I don't have kids yet but we are planning for the future. Currently our two dogs hold the role of kids, so there's that....

splat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Si
Country flag
Yeah I feel like this car checks all the boxes. If you want to baby it and get 40mpg, no problem. But if you want to drop it in second at 30mph, and light up the tires, put a big stupid smile on your face, and get to 80 real quick, it's there for you too. The car feels way faster than the numbers suggest. And that's what it's really all about.
This. I'm still under 200 miles on mine, so I've been taking it easy. Except for turns. I haven't driven a car that turns like this since my old ITR. My girls loved "roller coaster" rides in the Fit (fast turns), they're going to really dig the Si.

grumpyguy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. 37, married, 2 kids (7 and 4), and went with the sedan for the family.

However, this is my first Honda, and so far it's everything I expected and hoped it would be. As @jakabony mentioned, it's economical when you want (which helps as I put about 80 miles a day on it), and fun when you need it. I'm up to ~3300 miles and loving every minute of it.

We use my wife's Grand Cherokee as the family truckster so I don't do that much kid hauling, but when I do the first thing I ask them is if they want it in Sport Mode, to which the reply is always "YES!".

Vrruumm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I am 26yo, single, and have no kids. I primarily bought my SI because I wanted something new. The newest car I have ever owned at the time of purchase was my 98 Neon back in 2008. My first car was a 1990 Honda Accord 2.2L that I paid $500 for, wrecked it, and then sold it for $1000.

After 1550 miles on the SI, I absolutely love this car. I even autocrossed it a couple weekends ago. The only thing I want is a louder/lighter exhaust, hopefully they become available soon.

SiTurtl

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Fj Cruiser , '19 Mb C43 AMG
Country flag
I'm a 56 yr old Grandpa and just pickup my Si today. My first turbo car was a '86 Buick T type and the second was a Dodge SRT4 . With t his Si I can have my cake and eat it too " Fast car with Great MPG "
Sponsored