Lifting car on 4 jack stands on a sloped driveway

Joseloga0297

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I want to do a transmission fluid change and have to lift all four tires off the ground to get the car leveled. My driveway has a slope of 3° or 5%. Is it safe to jack it up? Would it be better if I park the car facing the slope? Or perpendicular to the slope? Also, would it be better if I use ramps and 2 jacks for the rear? Or is it better to use the 4 jack stands?
Sponsored

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just go to the AutoZone parking lot. You can just leave your spilled trans fluid mess everywhere like the other guys.

Old F@rt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe, 2016 Z51 Stingray, 2006 Tundra
Country flag
I want to do a transmission fluid change and have to lift all four tires off the ground to get the car leveled. My driveway has a slope of 3° or 5%. Is it safe to jack it up? Would it be better if I park the car facing the slope? Or perpendicular to the slope? Also, would it be better if I use ramps and 2 jacks for the rear? Or is it better to use the 4 jack stands?
Don't overthink it. Face car downslope, drive up onto ramps & drain fluid. Not worth the risk of jacking the rear up, to maybe get a fl oz more of trans fluid out. When filling, use less fluid & top off as needed when on level surface.
Have used this method for years on Wife's C7 Vette, as oil drain bolts ( dry sump so has 2) are front & side facing. So I drive it onto ramps on a downward slope to get close to level. Went to hassle of lifting entire car 1st oil change & no difference in amount of fluid drained. So now I work smarter & not harder. HTH

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
Don’t position yourself where if the car falls it can roll over you…
Sponsored