Jonnys_honda Civic Type R FK8 Build

Valkyrie1LE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro SS 1LE 2019 Honda Accord
Country flag
Lol hahha
That was too funny when you brought it to my attention. Had me questioning myself just now. Time to drink some coffee. lol Since you have your attention, possible you can chime in to my question for Jonny? It sure would help me out tremendously. :beer:
Sponsored

OP
OP
jonnys_honda

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m looking to purchase wheels and a little bit lost on which set up to go with. If i stay stock suspension, what size wheel, offset and tire size to fill up the fender gap as much as possible without rubbing?
That’s a good question. But unfortunately not really possible to eliminate wheel to fender gap without lowering the vehicle.

And if I lower with eibach springs what's the maximum set up I can run without rubbing, cutting and doing crazy camber adjustments?
I would say 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35/18 tires would do the trick. But keep in mind that different tire manufacturers can run wider than others. For example, a Yokohama tire will run pretty true to a 265 width tire whereas a Michelin tire may run a bit narrower. This isn’t always the case but just look out for that.

Valkyrie1LE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro SS 1LE 2019 Honda Accord
Country flag
That’s a good question. But unfortunately not really possible to eliminate wheel to fender gap without lowering the vehicle.

I would say 18x9.5 +38 with 265/35/18 tires would do the trick. But keep in mind that different tire manufacturers can run wider than others. For example, a Yokohama tire will run pretty true to a 265 width tire whereas a Michelin tire may run a bit narrower. This isn’t always the case but just look out for that.
Thank you for the info. I was messing around with the wheel fitment calculator, in your opinion 19x9.5 et45 with 265/35R19 tires would rub on stock suspension? And what about 18x9.5 et40 with 275/35R18 tires. As far as tire wise, I would be running RE-71R. I would not want to lower the vehicle if I don’t have to. This car is going to be my daily. I like the stock setup the way it is. I have a Camaro that’s built for a track setup. Sorry for so many questions. Very much appreciate you replying and saving me all the headaches. Thank you in advance.

JamesY

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R LE #428
Country flag
what difference do you guys think between 2 inches and 3 inches, I am on the fence between those 2.
Sponsored