Is it possible to swap side mirrors on US CTR's?

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
So, if my reading comprehension is up to par, based on all the reading I've done on this forum, it seems that the US version of the CTR would be considered the diet coke where as the Canadian CTR is full strength coke. Canada gets the parking assist, turn signal mirrors, blind spot monitoring, and probably a couple of others features. Now, my main question is this: can I, a US CTR owner, swap the side mirrors with ones that have the turn signal and blind spot monitoring and have it all function correctly assuming the right mirror camera can be calibrated?

Also, regarding parking assist, I've read a thread where someone put in aftermarket parking sensors, but it wasn't hooked up to the actual on board system. Is there no way that that can be turned on our civics?
Sponsored

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Short answer no. Blind spot monitoring has wiring in other places. The mirror is just your indicator.

Long answer, you can if you want to tear your car apart to do all the required wiring. I wouldn’t get near it. The way I see it, the CTR is a drivers car and therefore more driving involvement is welcome.