Infotaintment Update

J1x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just a quick question for those who have gone in multiple times for servicing their Civic. Do they hook up your infotaintment to update it to the latest software regularly? Does Honda release updates to address known issues for infotaintment? I have long ways to go but is there any reason I should bring in my Touring in? I just wanna know if that is a routine exercise to our car to update the software. I mainly get the TPMS warning when on ACC, moody walk away lock not properly engaging and the remote start sometimes nor working. And lastly, if there is any recall for my Touring.
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Just a quick question for those who have gone in multiple times for servicing their Civic. Do they hook up your infotaintment to update it to the latest software regularly? Does Honda release updates to address known issues for infotaintment? I have long ways to go but is there any reason I should bring in my Touring in? I just wanna know if that is a routine exercise to our car to update the software. I mainly get the TPMS warning when on ACC, moody walk away lock not properly engaging and the remote start sometimes nor working. And lastly, if there is any recall for my Touring.
For updates you need to bring the car to the dealership and they will update it. So far there are 2 infotainment updates, and 1 update to stop the turbo from surging at highway speeds

sergeadmin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2010 Civic DX, 2004 Pilot EX-L
Country flag
For updates you need to bring the car to the dealership and they will update it. So far there are 2 infotainment updates, and 1 update to stop the turbo from surging at highway speeds
Two infotainment updates? Since when?

OP
OP
J1x

J1x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
when do you think the last update came out? i bought my touring on April 21, and so far no issues. Is it possible updates have been applied before it was sold to me? Im kinda hesistant to bring the car in and jynx it and start getting problems. Would dealers try to update the cars on their lots or fix the other issues?

Rikee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX 2012 - Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
I got mine updated 3 weeks ago to solve the no sound issue but it returned last week. I currently have the latest .69 version and apparently, Honda canada just came out with a service bulletin to replace the entire unit. Mine is scheduled to be replaced on Tuesday. Build date is Dec 2015.

hondamitch51

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring ; 2016 CRV Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rikee, Yesterday I was running some errands with my Touring [which has about 3500 miles on it now] and after a stop for lunch, when I returned to the car, the audio would not work at all. No radio, Bluetooth, Siri, or anything. Is this what happened to you? After another stop, I got back in the car and everything worked again!

TheWalkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Country flag
Rikee, Yesterday I was running some errands with my Touring [which has about 3500 miles on it now] and after a stop for lunch, when I returned to the car, the audio would not work at all. No radio, Bluetooth, Siri, or anything. Is this what happened to you? After another stop, I got back in the car and everything worked again!
My EX had a brain fart today as well.

I had a 50 mile roadtrip and hooked my iPhone up to the lighter USB adaptor so I could use Waze. Immediately, the sunroof wouldn't work. When I arrived at my destination the feature to open all windows via the key fob stopped working. The passenger window wouldn't work. Pushing the rear trunk button did nothing. -Sigh-

I cut the car on and off to no avail. I decided to have some lunch and try again and things suddenly worked. Thank heavens.

I'm really losing confidence in the electronics: cool car, terrible software w

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I got mine updated 3 weeks ago to solve the no sound issue but it returned last week. I currently have the latest .69 version and apparently, Honda canada just came out with a service bulletin to replace the entire unit. Mine is scheduled to be replaced on Tuesday. Build date is Dec 2015.
My theory is right, I bet your NEWER unit has more RAM...and a better processor and updated BT chip....PLEASE PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED.

I am going to call around to see is the unit has a superseded part number. If the number has changed, boom..they did it.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Two infotainment updates? Since when?
I believe one of the updates she refers to is one for very early units (cars built before 12/18/15) of the Touring-unique audio power amplifier. It is *not* a head unit/Android update.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
If the number has changed, boom..they did it.
Even if there were two numbers, which I didn't see just now looking for the Touring box, it would *not* prove your "theory" about a specification change in the components. Does Apple slipstream "more RAM...and a better processor and updated BT chip" into the middle of production of a given iPhone model?

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Yeah the things that's really driving me batty is that when using my ipod classic after I turn the car off, and turn it back on it goes back to the VERY first song on the ipod. The fact that I have over 11,000 songs on this ipod makes it very difficult to remember what song and what artist I left off on last. It's done the same exact thing with two different Ipod's so the issue if definitely with the car audio not the ipod.
Yeah, that shouldn't happen. I have an EX-L and my ipod classic picks up where it left off. I do have a new head unit though, dealership replaced the original because it was possessed. Lol

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
well i'm takin the car in next week and they're gonna "look" at it...but I'm wondering if the amount of songs on the ipod (11,000) is too much for the civic to handle?? when I listen to a whole block of one particular artist like 140 songs from say black sabbath, it works fine. But when I try to listen to "all artists shuffle" it always starts over to track one when I restart the car. I hope the head unit IS bad so that they can correct the problem.
I have about 3000 songs and the only problem I had was that it defaulted to playing one artist at a time, "all artists shuffle" fixed that. When I had my infotainment screen checked, they decided to remove it based on my VIN number.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Even if there were two numbers, which I didn't see just now looking for the Touring box, it would *not* prove your "theory" about a specification change in the components. Does Apple slipstream "more RAM...and a better processor and updated BT chip" into the middle of production of a given iPhone model?
Yes, Apple has changed spec in the middle and early models...look at antenna gate...

Rikee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX 2012 - Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
Same problem, no audio whatsoever. I only use a small usb stick to play my music, no phone. Will get back to you once the radio has been changed.
Sponsored