OP
OP

spokenwar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Offense? Offense??? :)

No they're on. There is a sensor on the seat so it doesn't go on unless someone is sitting on it.

Leather seats are definitely hotter than cloth.

Honda Civic 10th gen Heated Seats 2016 EX-L Issue upload_2016-4-21_13-26-49
Sponsored

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Offense? Offense??? :)

No they're on. There is a sensor on the seat so it doesn't go on unless someone is sitting on it.

Leather seats are definitely hotter than cloth.
What was wrong with offense?? I catered to the american crowd :p

I don't think the seats are sensor activated. When you remote start, I believe both driver and passenger seat heaters come on. It would be much easier to program Auto Climate to perform the same function, without checking occupancy of passenger seat.

OP
OP

spokenwar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
When Trump wins you are going to have a whole new audience of Americans to offend!

I don't know exactly how this works. I am just guessing. But not about the posterior. It gets bloody hot.

OP
OP

spokenwar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-l
Isn't anyone out there going to congratulate me... on my new Accord (that I lost my ass on cause my Civic was a trade-in)?

Thank you Honda for making a car with seats I cannot use. I had to buy the Accord, but I can assure you it will be the LAST Honda I buy.

Thanks for all your input on the heated seats. You all have been great. I wish I could say the same about Honda.

mc1200s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 ext
Country flag
When I first purchased my 2016 ex-t I was very confused with the heated seats coming on using automatic climate control but I understood the function and just kept CC off.

Today it is rather warm out 55F or so and my heat d seat was functioning. Seat was warm to the touch. No auto climate control was on. So to troubleshoot I turned the AC to maximum low setting and cold air was blowing out. Even with auto climate control off and AC set at maximum low setting my seat is still cooking me.

The obvious answer is stop by Honda service but I was wondering if there is any sequence I can go through bc the system obviously is confused and has glitches out on me.

Any suggestions to turn off my heated seats? The button is not depressed, the auto climate control is off and the air conditioning is maximum low but the seats are still cooking me?

Worth disconnecting the battery or does this simple sound like a module has failed? Minor issue and I’m under warranty but still frustrating and wanted to share in case anyone else has had this issue and figured out a quick DIY fix.

And if there’s grammar errors here, sorry, iPhone vs thumbs.

Thank you

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My heated seats have never come on by their self,only when using remote start as the manual states,as a matter of fact,I'm having the opposite issue,they aren't coming on when they should a lot of times using remote start. Neither is the rear defroster or heated mirrors and its all due to the out side temp sensor being way off, just wondering if anyone else with the heated seat problem can tell if the other stuff is coming on also D Honda told me they are controlled by that outside temp reading.
Sponsored