Gas Tank Door Sticking/Stuck

_dc_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hmm... yeah... seems to be strangely a bit more prone to being frozen... though this being the case... I have no idea why Honda got rid of a manual release switch as a backup
There is a yellow emergency release cord in the trunk near the left hinge.
Sponsored

Astray50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
There is a yellow emergency release cord in the trunk near the left hinge.
Sounds good, i'll have a look into it when I get the chance to. Not used to seeing something like that being in the trunk area considering the vehicles I've seen having it in the driver side area.

Astray50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
So I had a look into the emergency release cord, managed to find it from the manual (green cord). Though I'm not quite sure how much effort is required to cause it to release in worries that I might forcefully disconnect/snap the cord. Has anyone tried to use it before?

lucashend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I looked at mine yesterday too, mine is s teal color. Didn't try pulling it, though.

mcw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
There is definitely a design flaw with how the car can lock while you're filling up. In my case I didn't realize what was happening until after my gas door was damaged. I ended up taking it in to the dealership to be fixed. When I fill up now I just make sure I remember to hit the unlock button before closing it.

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I wish I had this problem. Mine pops wide open in car washes no matter what I do.

PhantomRogue

First Name
Declan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic hatch sport 1.5T manual
Country flag
There is definitely a design flaw with how the car can lock while you're filling up. In my case I didn't realize what was happening until after my gas door was damaged. I ended up taking it in to the dealership to be fixed. When I fill up now I just make sure I remember to hit the unlock button before closing it.
How did they fix it?!! I’ve literally been search and looking up fixes for this all night
It’s literally stuck
No manual release
It doesn’t open even when the car is unlocked and turned off fully
What do I dooooo