mbridgett

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Type R
Country flag
My FL5 immediately after having an amp/sub fitted (by a professional), shows a problem with the auto-stop/start - a continually blinking light upon start-up. My dealer has said the amp is drawing too much from the battery (even though it's a new car). I have disconnected the amp, disconnected the battery as well, given it a full charge, re-connected it, but it STILL shows the fault. The dealer has told me there is a "reset" procedure to clear the error which is basically to start the car, leave it for 60s, turn it off and repeat this for a total of six iterations. I have done that but I STILL have the problem! Honda have said there only other option is to change the battery. I have said that makes no sense as the car can't possibly "know" the battery has changed. That's why I disconnected it before charging while disconnected. The amp/sub is still not connected either - so I can't see any reason for the problem still to show. I don't even want autostop/start! Does anyone have any ideas? I have contacted the amp manufacturer and the installer and they are just as baffled.
Sponsored

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Oh man, what year does this become standard? I don't have it on my 2018 but I know a guy with an rdx and the auto stop and start makes it feel so jerky to ride in. It shouldn't be a thing on these cars. Is there any way to permanently disable it I wonder?

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Oh man, what year does this become standard? I don't have it on my 2018 but I know a guy with an rdx and the auto stop and start makes it feel so jerky to ride in. It shouldn't be a thing on these cars. Is there any way to permanently disable it I wonder?
Thankfully this is not a thing for the UDSM FL5.

@mbridgett you may have better luck with this question on the 11th gen Civic forum: https://www.civicxi.com/

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Thanks, I hadn't realised it wasn't on US cars, must be a European thing!
I believe the FL5 is the only USDM 11th gen Civic that does not have this feature.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I would be surprised that it couldn't be disabled through the screen, but maybe not in Europe...?
Sponsored