Features you miss from your Previous or Daily driver?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To be fair, shouldn't you be comparing the Sonata to the Accord?
i'm just stating things that i miss from my previous daily driver, as the thread requested. i realize it's apples and oranges - i wasn't comparing. i was just merely listing the little things i miss. if my previous daily driver was a f-150, i'd say i miss the bed and 4wd....and it would still be relevant to the topic at hand.
Sponsored

Dempsey303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2014 Pilot EX-L, 1971 Volvo 142S
Country flag
I miss my 2007 Subaru Forester in the snow. Manual transmission, full time AWD and no traction control made for a fun winter. You could push it through anything. As long as you didn't high center it, it would plow through snow. I could fishtail or push the front end at will. Empty parking lots and roads with no ditches were my winter wonderland!

To be fair, the civic with snow tires is good in the snow. I've gone through deep snow without issues but it isn't as eager to play in the white stuff.

cobrati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
Country flag
Coming from an RDX I miss sitting up higher, Civic seats are not as comfortable (still need to mess with seat/wheel in the Civic to really hone in on my driving position so this could change), and the steering feel was a little heavier which I prefer.

EDIT: After having the car over a week and putting more time in driving at night, I miss the auto-dimming rear view mirror from the RDX. The Civic rear view, if I flip the switch on it to tilt it to dim headlights it's looking a good bit more up than it should and I mostly just see the interior overhead lights. Not sure if all of them are like this or what but I've never had a manual rear mirror not line up almost exactly in both positions. . .the Civic's is WAY off.

These are all little things compared to what I love about the Civic though. . .the extra technology like Carplay and brake hold, the passenger and cargo space for a "small" car (backseats have more room than the RDX), and of course getting nearly double the fuel efficiency which was a big reason for moving into the Civic with my 40 mile commute to work.

Last edited:

NZXT MA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T Coupe--Totaled, Honda Civic 2018 Si
Country flag
Coming from an Acura MDX, had power seats and memorization with the power seats so if someone changed it, I could hit a button and it would move back to my setting.

DrGiggleFr1tz

I love me some hatch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
I drove a 07 Cobalt so literally every single thing is a upgrade compared to that. I don't miss a single thing about it.

OP
OP
bembol

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I test drove the Cobalt. Only to get $50 Petro Canada gift card. LOL

M1joachim

New Honda owner!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Came from 2012 Hyundai Tucson Limited

Miss: Honestly, nothing.

glbg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sports Hatchback
Country flag
sunroof and sound system

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Coming from an '09 Toyota Yaris Liftback. It had lots of little storage places: driver side glovebox and lower storage pocket, upper and lower passenger side glovebox. Plus it had lots of spots an iPhone 7 Plus mount could be placed.

Having a hard time finding a spot for my iPhone 7 plus where I can still connect it to the USB port without the lightning cable dangling everywhere. It's a bit too large for that little cubby right in front of the shifter and I cannot find a mount that can hold the phone in there.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from a 2013 Civic LX... don't think there was anything I could miss compared to my Touring! As my engine wears in (nearing the 1k mark), I've noticed my MPG (without Eco mode) is at 33.9, and my old LX got 34.5. So I'm pretty confident I will have better fuel mileage while having much better power (doesn't seem like much but I think the LX was rated at a 9.5 0-60 whereas the Coupe Touring is between 6.4 - 6.7).

Tuishimi

Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport, Rally Red, 6 spd manual
Vehicle Showcase
Miss my 6+ foot pickup bed and the ability to tow > 10,000 LBS if I need to. lol!

ediblebirch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK7 ST
Country flag
Coming from an RDX I miss sitting up higher, Civic seats are not as comfortable (still need to mess with seat/wheel in the Civic to really hone in on my driving position so this could change), and the steering feel was a little heavier which I prefer.

EDIT: After having the car over a week and putting more time in driving at night, I miss the auto-dimming rear view mirror from the RDX. The Civic rear view, if I flip the switch on it to tilt it to dim headlights it's looking a good bit more up than it should and I mostly just see the interior overhead lights. Not sure if all of them are like this or what but I've never had a manual rear mirror not line up almost exactly in both positions. . .the Civic's is WAY off.

These are all little things compared to what I love about the Civic though. . .the extra technology like Carplay and brake hold, the passenger and cargo space for a "small" car (backseats have more room than the RDX), and of course getting nearly double the fuel efficiency which was a big reason for moving into the Civic with my 40 mile commute to work.
Most of that you mentioned are in the Touring. Lol. Granted, the MDX cost a lot more than this Civic so it's going to have a lot of more features.
Sponsored