Who bought a car on the lot and who put a deposit down

• Total voters

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Dave, if this were true there would be lots of people in Federal Prison for odometer tampering - It's a violation to drive a car with a disconnected odometer, Federal and most states.
yes you're right. Some automakers were doing this and were made to stop because of negative consumer response. Even though the courts concluded (in the case of Chrysler corp.) that there was probably nothing illegal about it since the vehicle was, technically, "still in production" before the odometer was enabled.
Sponsored

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Well when I got my Touring, it had 4 miles on it. So when I was testing out my Touring, I had tested out another unit. After I was done with the test drive and was picking out my color, I purposely told the salesman that I wanted another color (so that I wouldn't get that same unit). Because I had very good relationship with the sales director, he made the salesman walk with me to the back lot and I got to choose any color I wanted. So uh..I chose the Touring I had now, it still had the plastic over the seats and everything. :headbang:

BTW - Salesman & dealership not giving a shit about your car is like saying the sky is blue.

Deleted member 3699

are you about to try and sell your car privately...?
Sponsored