Dealer Getting Type R End Of May!?

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
I've been researching and gathering what I could in regards to the Type R and Si from dealers. I sent out about a dozen emails in the hopes of receiving whatever kind of information I could receive...here is what one dealer said to me..

"We should have the Type R probably at the end of May. As for the Civic Si it will take a while. As soon as I will get information on both the Si and the Type R I will send it to you."

I thought maybe he meant the Si would come at the end of May, so followed up. He stuck with it saying that the Type R would be here end of May...I'm really thinking he meant the Si....and just got it backwards.
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Not worth a thread. Please post this type of thing or dealer antics or whatever you call this in the 300 page Type R thread.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
So in the other thread (the 300 page one) about 3 days ago, we spoke about what is in Honda's system in terms of Type Rs. The earliest ETA date was 5/29, but they have only entered 11 states so far in the system. Those dates are obviously subject to change and am fully expecting mid June at this point. Unless your dealer is that one that had the 5/29 date on it or Honda added new cars in today, they don't know when they are getting the car. Honda's system hasn't fully populated yet.

Anyways, go back 3 days or so in the main thread where we discussed this already and check it out. :)

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
So in the other thread (the 300 page one) about 3 days ago, we spoke about what is in Honda's system in terms of Type Rs. The earliest ETA date was 5/29, but they have only entered 11 states so far in the system. Those dates are obviously subject to change and am fully expecting mid June at this point. Unless your dealer is that one that had the 5/29 date on it or Honda added new cars in today, they don't know when they are getting the car. Honda's system hasn't fully populated yet.

Anyways, go back 3 days or so in the main thread where we discussed this already and check it out. :)
a lot of info in that 300 page thread too...do not want duplicate/parallel threads?

sti_Q

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrx sti limited
Was hoping to see a price listed in this thread

OP
OP
warrendeath

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Was hoping to see a price listed in this thread

I'm hoping to get one here soon from a dealer. I've been stressing my interest. Everyone keeps putting me on 'lists'...but two of the salesmen have leaked out to me that they've received priority...feels like that would be a bit unfair...

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Now you've done it. I can just picture the headlines all over the web - "Honda releases official Type R pricing via thread on civicx". :D

I think everyone's well past the point now where they just want Honda to get on with it and say what the MSRP and full spec will be. Oh, and deliver some cars. :banghead:

Dcreek02

"If it aint a Type R, it aint a tight car"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2004 Acura TSX (6spd w/ Navi), 1998 Dakota R/T, 1985 Audi UR Quattro, 1965 Triumph TR4A,
Country flag
I can tell you right now Performance Kings Honda doesn't know. I use to work for Performance Honda (their sister store) and being friends with a bunch of the managers there I always get the same answer of not being sure when it will come in. I have been working with my friends there since November checking in every couple of weeks. That is all you can do at this point. It is just a big waiting game.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Not worth a thread. Please post this type of thing or dealer antics or whatever you call this in the 300 page Type R thread.
In fairness, a 300 page thread is pretty useless unless you've been reading it from day 1. Busting someone's chops for not wanting to weed through 300 pages of different topics to find the page and a half of what they're looking is kinda harsh. Forums are supposed to be quick and easy sources of info, not something you have to work hard at.

motazor

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I've been following this forum for awhile but haven't registered until just now. My salesman emailed me a color and VIN with a delivery date late this month or early June. I don't think he's trolling me...
Honda Civic 10th gen Dealer Getting Type R End Of May!? Screenshot_20170516-155313

SpootyWeasel

First Name
Alma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Del Sol Si
I've been following this forum for awhile but haven't registered until just now. My salesman emailed me a color and VIN with a delivery date late this month or early June. I don't think he's trolling me...
Screenshot_20170516-155313.png
Congratulations!
Sponsored