CV Joint

g_licairac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Country flag
Has anybody had any CV Joint issues? My 1.5T are sounding when I turn to the left. I have had this issue before with my 2013 Civic and my dealer replaced them every time the failed. Hope this is not a defect on the CV Joints of this model.
Sponsored

OP
OP

g_licairac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Country flag
Yes that is the sound. My concern is if it is an issue that somebody else has it or is just this my '13 had issues and it had to be replaced 3 times!!

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Why would it matter if other people have had their busted - it doesn't change the fact that yours is, and you should get it replaced.

AFAIK you're the first one on these forums.

Do you have terrible roads? I've had 5 cars over 12 years and I've only replaced the CV joint once, on one of them.

OP
OP

g_licairac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Country flag
Th
Why would it matter if other people have had their busted - it doesn't change the fact that yours is, and you should get it replaced.

AFAIK you're the first one on these forums.

Do you have terrible roads? I've had 5 cars over 12 years and I've only replaced the CV joint once, on one of them.
Someone has to be the first one to have the problem. This will not be the first problem. honda has with defective CV Joints. My 2013 had it a friend of mine had a 2007 that had the same issue until Honda Corrected it. I've been a loyal Honda client for over 20 years and this is my 6th Honda and despide this one and my '13 I have never needed to replace a joint. Our roads are not the best in the world but not that bad to have a joint broken in less than a year. Hopefully it's only a 1 bad Joint issue and not a defect of manufacture

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Bringing this thread from the dead. I feel like I have a busted CV joint on the driver's side. I feel like I hear more clicking noise after the car has been driven. I don't usually hear it when turning on a flat surface or when it's cold. It's much more obvious when I go up on a righthand turn up my drive way, and also on left hand turns up the driveway too (my driveway is kind of steep ~15% grade that's an S shape). I honestly don't recall hearing the noise when I first had the car, and seems to be getting more and more pronounced. I'll jack up the car tomorrow to inspect it, but from what I can feel, the joint feels fine, no leakage or anything, at least the joint that connects to the hub.
Thought it might be a clutch issue too, but I've been giving it enough gas to go up the drive way, and I still hear the noise.
Sponsored

Last edited: