Curb rash repair

J4Berg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Agean Blue
Country flag
Greetings everyone. I have a bit of a problem. This morning I awoke to such a surprise. It had been raining all night and it froze encasing everythinng in Northeast Ohio in ice. Since I work in a hospital and they never close nor do they care for the safety of their staff I was forced to drive to work on a sheet of ice. On my adventure I encountered lots of wonderful obstacles such as treacherous turns and hills. On this fine morning I went down one of those treacherous hills and well I slid the whole way down. I drifted and slid my passenger front tire into a curb. I have a little curb rash on the outside corner of the rim. (the lip) I haven't been able to actually see how bad it was since it was pitch black out but feeling it, it feels a little rough. I'll further assess damage after work but in the meantime is there a good way to get this repaired? A DIY method? Dealer repair? Sorry for the long winded post.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JS2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000 , Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
I've fixed some really bad rash on rims I purchased using a dremmel kit with a few different bits and an extension wand. Mine had chunks missing out of the rims and they were really rough. I grinded the area down with a cutting bit, then moved to some sanding bits do smooth the area down, then finished with some polishing bits. It is pretty easy to do , just takes some patience, a dremmel kit and proper attachments. You rim doesn't sound nearly as bad as mine were. I went a bit wider than the actual damaged area to give it a smooth blended appearance, and take off as little as needed to get it to look smooth again. You can finish it off with some clearcoat , if you have a Honda touch up pen or you can buy some touch up clearcoat from Duplicolor, etc., for protection once done. It's an easy DIY.