Civic Si or Civic Hatchback Sport Touring?

Civic Si or Hatchback Sport Touring

• Total voters

kenzitan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Yaris
Update: Test drove a Hatchback Sport CVT and wasn't satisfied with the performance (felt slower than my current civic sedan touring), went to a Subaru dealer looking to test drive a WRX but was told they don't allow customers to test drive WRX/STI's. Walked next door to the Volkswagen just to check out a GTI and see if they would let me test drive it, they did. Car drove really well and met all my needs and wants and the DSG transmission was impressive as a manual transmission wasn't my first choice as I do a lot of traffic driving. I just can't stand the CVT in the civics after having driven one for over a year. Moral of the story is I walked away with a 2017 Volkswagen GTI 5-door autobahn with upgraded leather seats and tech package. Got a great deal and hoping the car is good to me for many years to come. (Yes, the GTI was much more expensive than a fully optioned hatchback, but the driving experience really sold it for me, and the deal was impossible to pass up for a new GTI.) Also received 0% financing at Volkswagen for 5 years if needed.
you should use civic type R VS WRX/GTI

AngryECW

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Sedan, 1996 Acura Integra GSR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Test drove both HB Sport (manual) and the SI Sedan. Ended up with the SI because of the driving dynamics.
I loved the versatility of the hatchback and the look of it but the driving dynamics were way off. The transmission and clutch were soft & mushy, the engine felt dead especially when compared to the SI, the suspension were just OK, then the SI seats provided much better bolster. Nothing in the HB Sport was 'sporty' to me, just didn't feel like the price was justified at all. Felt like i can get a corolla with similar dynamics for thousands less.
I test drove the HB Sport first, so I had reservations about the SI. But 1 minute behind the wheel threw all the doubts out the door. 3 months later, the car still puts a smile on my face. Although not as versatile as the HB, the trunk on the sedan is plenty big. Much better deal than the WRX as I was deciding between the two. At the end, the price and MPGs along with the bang-for-the-buck factor won me over.
Sponsored