Ceezdup

Ceezdup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX,
Here we go....

20170224_113203.jpg
Decided not to take spoiler off...2 small creases at either end below spoiler... he confirmed if I want I can bring back and for 100 he will take apart and reinstall...need to sleep on it.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
So he messed up the tint in 2 spots, but for an extra $100, he will fix his mess up? Am I getting that right?

OP
OP
Ceezdup

Ceezdup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX,
So he messed up the tint in 2 spots, but for an extra $100, he will fix his mess up? Am I getting that right?
Impossible to do it without removing spoiler. Cant shrink it right. So for 100 bucks he would remove everything to do it right..threw in free visor tint.

Understable..since labor to take it apart should be priced. I wouldn't give out free labor. Neither should he.

streetwise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
how much was initial cost? he should of took it apart and did it right the first time. I have had some shady people install in past. Actually melted some of my pillars. I think the extra time and money is worth it.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Impossible to do it without removing spoiler. So for 100 bucks he would remove everything to do it right..threw in free visor tint
I'm sorry, but that's 100% on him. If he can't do it right to begin with, without trying to throw in hidden charges AFTER he screwed it up, then he shouldn't be doing it at all. But that's just me, it's your money. Good luck.

OP
OP
Ceezdup

Ceezdup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX,
how much was initial cost? he should of took it apart and did it right the first time. I have had some shady people install in past. Actually melted some of my pillars. I think the extra time and money is worth it.
249 plus free visor. 3m CS 20 all around. We discussed trying without spoiler removal. Results would determine if he would need to take it off...hence price for removal if I want to go that route.

Also..this will be his first hatchback spoiler removal...so youtube video..not sure if all that is worth it for me considering I'm going to be putting 80 miles on a highway under construction for the next 5 years...over 1 small .5" crease below the spoiler.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ceezdup

Ceezdup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX,
249 plus free visor. 3m CS 20 all around. We discussed trying without spoiler removal. Results would determine if he would need to take it off...hence price for removal if I want to go that route.

Also..this will be his first hatchback spoiler removal...so youtube video..not sure if all that is worth it for me considering I'm going to be putting 80 miles on a highway under construction for the next 5 years...over 1 small .5" crease below the spoiler.
Honda Civic 10th gen At shop..3m CS20 tint install 20170224_133140

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
Why would the spoiler need to come off? Is he applying the film on the exterior of the car??

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why would the spoiler need to come off? Is he applying the film on the exterior of the car??
you have to cut out around the window, impossible to do from the inside hence the spoiler removal.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag

$249m and then $100 extra? Wtf??? I havent tinted my civic yet bu my accord last year cost $129.00 to tint...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R #00969 BLK, 2015 Nissan 370Z Roadster (BLK), 2019 Civic Si Modern Steel Metalic
Country flag
$249m and then $100 extra? Wtf??? I havent tinted my civic yet bu my accord last year cost $129.00 to tint...
I had my '17 Sport tinted a couple of weeks ago. There was no removal of the spoiler that I am aware of. Pricing was $219, $269, or $328 depending on the grade of film chosen. I went mid grade and very happy with the results.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
you have to cut out around the window, impossible to do from the inside hence the spoiler removal.
Our tint shops have a machine that pre-cuts the film sections for the install. They been doing that for 10 years that I know of. I just figured every shop would be smart enough to have that by now.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't see the issue OP knew the deal.

As for pricing it varies. Depends on the tint itself. My boy spent $220 but they didn't remove the Panels, just tucked in and the fact that I never heard of the shop.

I went back to where I got my Murano done last year, very well known, great reviews and highly recommended. I paid $400 (CAN) and yes he had to take the it apart to get it right.

You get what you pay for, honesty when one spends this much on a vehicle. I'm not stressing myself over spending a few bucks more.

OP
OP
Ceezdup

Ceezdup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX,
When comparing prices its important to note what brand you used when you payed. It could be the premium or the shit you find in the sale section of Walmart.
Sponsored