PiRRRateJack
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘01 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe, 19’ Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Also, if you're not using the OEM apple cable try that. The moment I switched to OEM it started to work wayy better.
Worth a shot
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Also, if you're not using the OEM apple cable try that. The moment I switched to OEM it started to work wayy better.
Technically just needs to be MFi certified (if you want to save a few bucks; I'm running a Belkin cable right now that is angled 90-degrees).

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag
I've had cheapo lightning cables that only charged, but had no data because of whatever shenanigans Apple is running.

Need that certification. In a pinch, Marshal's or TJ max or similar stores have some decently priced lightning cables that are only a dollar or two more than amazon, but available right away.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Technically just needs to be MFi certified (if you want to save a few bucks; I'm running a Belkin cable right now that is angled 90-degrees).
True, I just happened to have a couple of OEM Apple cables lying around because they are all from old iPhones so it was a free fix for me. Amazon has plenty of MFI certified cables on the cheap though so that's what I would do if you don't have one, or as someone else suggested TJ Max and Marshalls are pretty good as well.

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
I witnessed this glitch while in his ride so it is an issue. Hey did that TSB firmware update help?

OP
OP
dunphyjp

dunphyjp

PiRRRateJack
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I witnessed this glitch while in his ride so it is an issue. Hey did that TSB firmware update help?
Yeah, it’s good having a fellow member witness it first hand. Real pain in the ass

Muggsy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2020 Lexus UX250h, 2012 Toyota Sienna
Country flag
I have had random issues with CarPlay since I got this car 16 months ago. Sometimes it says "no device connected" when I first plug it in, and I have to re-seat the (Apple) lightning cable once or twice until it works. I've had CarPlay disconnect in the middle of a song before, for no apparent reason, though that issue seems to have been fixed by the TSB update mentioned earlier in this thread. Typically, though, once I get it working initially it's good for the remainder of the drive, even on a couple of longish road trips. The bugs are annoying but when it works it's fine, and the driving experience more than makes up for the minor annoyance.

OP
OP
dunphyjp

dunphyjp

PiRRRateJack
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Workin with burns Honda to maybe go into developer mode and debug the usb drive to fix the issue, will update later about if it works or not

Severedninja

First Name
Severed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ok so I had this issue on my type R with android auto. the tech told me it was the cord not being good enough. I rolled my eyes like he was telling me a bunch of bullshit and ordered new cords. It does not have the problem anymore. try changing the cords.

=OrionX=

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Touring, 2017 CR-V EX AWD
Country flag
Turn off the toggle switch that tries to automatically connect to CarPlay wirelessly.

SETTINGS>GENERAL>CARPLAY>HONDA

Last edited:

devillee0713

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI MK7 17'/ FK8 CTR 19'
Country flag
I haven't had any issues with the carplay in my CTR. I actually find it works better than my '16 Accord did, where 50% of the time it wouldn't detect my phone when plugged in.
If that is the issue, probably try another cable. I have same issue before, and it is much improved after I used a new cable.

Teach-R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rallye Red CTR #22518; 2017 Golf R
Country flag
I’ve had a similar issue and it turned out to be the cord. It must have been kinked at one point. Took it out of the car and it would intermittently stop charging the phone when the phone was moved
Sponsored