mkimmey1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Im super clumsy and I always drop my key and scratch the hell out of it lol, so I want to get one of those silicone key covers. Problem is, I cant find any that attach to the keyring AND do NOT have the remote start button. All the ones with lock, unlock, and trunk (no remote start) do not actually attach to the key ring. Does anyone here have any experience with those? What keeps the cover from just sliding off all the time?
Sponsored

andre12dbsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan / 2017 Acura MDX Navi SH-AWD
I've used these before. They fit really tight so there's no issues with them falling off. I do find that they attract a lot of dust though. If you're looking for something to protect the fob, they will do that.

syncro87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic sedan EX-T, '18 Prius Two, '09 Scion xB, '88 R100RT
Country flag
Im super clumsy and I always drop my key and scratch the hell out of it lol, so I want to get one of those silicone key covers. Problem is, I cant find any that attach to the keyring AND do NOT have the remote start button. All the ones with lock, unlock, and trunk (no remote start) do not actually attach to the key ring. Does anyone here have any experience with those? What keeps the cover from just sliding off all the time?

I have one. I hate it. It catches lint like a magnet catches iron shavings. It is sticky, so when you want to throw the key in a pocket, it doesn't just slide in. You have to stuff it in, and it still catches on fabric like crazy. It has never slid off the key.

Kind of a pain. Seeing your post and responding has made me realize that the next time I drive the car I'm going to rip the cover off. Why I haven't before now is beyond me.

If you're female and carry your key in a purse, I can see the cover being less annoying. If you carry it in your pocket, a PITA.