First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats how much I picked my full coils up for.

Stop and listen to yourself, are you saying OEM is better than aftermarket parts?
Unless you're saying your factory Type R suspension is so good, I'm surprised whiteline even makes parts for your car. I guess spoon, hks and fortune auto all wasted their time.

But please, take a few moments and read the previous comments. The ones with your snooty R buddy spoke about how weak and crappy the Sis shocks were. I agreed. And also stated you can replace them and with additional add ons you can make it more competitive with the R. Dont get me wrong, Im just a slow Si owner and admit my full inferiority to your R-ness.

So to clarify,
With the paired addition of an EDFC, rigid collars, spoon subframe, sway and strut bars to a coilover system would make a competitive set up.
Just stiffening up everything isn't the be all end all for suspension design. If that was the case, people wouldn't have hated the RSX for getting rid of double wishbone and Porsche wouldn't have added it to the new GT3. The presence of an aftermarket doesn't negate that from the factory, the OEM Type R suspension is ahead of a modded Si.

Anyway, you clearly enjoy your car so that's all that matters. FWIW, I have a ton of friends with Si's so I don't hate the platform, but even on their own admission it's a different car.
Sponsored

MK2x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
The Type Rs front suspension cannot be replicated on an Si - its counter productive from both a performance and cost perspective
If your worries about insurance costs - you cant afford to play with cars at this level

The Si has a moon roof - not a sunroof - theres a difference

Tires - he would spend more as the single axis front sus would eat tires more than an R

The R is heavier because its got larger brakes. larger motor, larger trans, chassis reinforcement etc - if you add these to an Si it gain weight. just like an R

The suspension/handling/traction envelope is enough to ditch the Si if you want a k20c1 - it already comes in a better car for less money than what it would cost you to replicate it - So far only the Accord 2.0 has been swapped in - same fueling strategy which makes the swap alot easier
Most people want straight-line speed we don't care bout that technical handling jazz. Most Si ppl are highway warriors. Most type r owners kinda forget that.

MK2x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
A type r engine can go into a civic si or fk7 no problem. It’s been done. It’s a great idea. Doesn’t matter if it doesn’t make sense financially. It’s the art of “tunerism” and up to the car owner to do what makes them happy. It’s the act of modding, the feeling of accomplishment, and the quest for knowledge that’s all rewarding. The process and journey might be more pleasurable than the final product.

I don’t think you need motec pursay you might be able to use Haltech or AEM?

Axles are available as this swaps been done.

Wiring you may have to do some custom work but hey, that will be fun!

Maybe we need to make some custom mounts! But is it that big of deal?
THANK YOU! For the info needed to carry on the legacy of honda swaps... Thats the hardest thing to get on this forum.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
lmf
William Au-Yeung runs 1:38.967s at Buttonwillow right now. - his insta is tylercombs12 - youre welcome lol
(see what I did there)

Since you and your conveniently broken down car with pretend parts cant complete a good lap time, I can see why you would ...shift the burden onto another driver with the actual parts in his car and has a knack for driving.
As the KIAs engine is stock, I can see why you're afraid and have to theoretically pit him against a higher modified car than your own. lol come on kid, grow up and quit getting others to fight your battles.

Lets chalk it up this way, I dont understand suspension geometry and you dont understand basic math. But I DO understand that you didn't have the talent or know how to build an Si and had to buy a faster car to overcome your inability. Have fun in your blue fk7.
Meanwhile you dont even run sub 2s and would get multiple busses put on you if I ran into you on the street kid. Enjoy your slow Si and being perpetually slower than FK8s - maybe one day when you get your money up you can afford to build something thats actually fast.

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lmf

Meanwhile you dont even run sub 2s and would get multiple busses put on you if I ran into you on the street kid. Enjoy your slow Si and being perpetually slower than FK8s - maybe one day when you get your money up you can afford to build something thats actually fast.
Hey cool story bro. We get it, you're insecure. You don't have to keep reminding me.

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
lol I didn't try that hard. Its just basic bolt ons after all. You just mad because it costs less.
Costs less to go slower - you dont even make what I made on bolt ons let alone what im making now lmfao

Youre probably around 330-350whp at best thinking youre really doing something - meanwhile the local accords would put buslengths on you nevermind any of the Rs making 550-650whp around here

Youre the perpetual ricer who says "oh yeah, but Ill smoke you in the twisties" lmfao - just give it up guy - apples to apples youll always be slower than an R - this is why alot of guys skipped building their Si and opted for an R to go full tilt on. More potential to extract starting with a higher level base car.
Its why this swap is even being discussed as the L15 can never hit k20c1 numbers - especially stock to stock. Throw in the headlift issues and most guys give up. Compound that with the trans shearing gears - the clutch that slips on 280wtq and you have a recipe to replace a ton of stuff to make any kind of decent power with the platform.

You completely gloss over the hub/knuckle assembly design of the R which is designed to handle a ton more power while turning - ignoring how steering/suspension/ traction work on a fwd car

All you are going to do is take Ls on the street and make excuses

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Costs less to go slower - you dont even make what I made on bolt ons let alone what im making now lmfao

Youre probably around 330-350whp at best thinking youre really doing something - meanwhile the local accords would put buslengths on you nevermind any of the Rs making 550-650whp around here

Youre the perpetual ricer who says "oh yeah, but Ill smoke you in the twisties" lmfao - just give it up guy - apples to apples youll always be slower than an R - this is why alot of guys skipped building their Si and opted for an R to go full tilt on. More potential to extract starting with a higher level base car.
Its why this swap is even being discussed as the L15 can never hit k20c1 numbers - especially stock to stock. Throw in the headlift issues and most guys give up. Compound that with the trans shearing gears - the clutch that slips on 280wtq and you have a recipe to replace a ton of stuff to make any kind of decent power with the platform.

You completely gloss over the hub/knuckle assembly design of the R which is designed to handle a ton more power while turning - ignoring how steering/suspension/ traction work on a fwd car

All you are going to do is take Ls on the street and make excuses
So, what is it? I can or can't beat a stock fk8 with my 300+whp? You keep changing my theoretical races here lol. I love rice, its great! But the Si and Type R aren't both apples. One may be a mango or dragon fruit.
Way to go on your bought not built car, all of us here are glad about your unlocked achievement🥈. My clutch is the same as yours, so it doesn't slip at 280wtq. It's listed in my parts list. Do you have ADD?

I'll add PPG to take care of that shearing problem, maybe some head studs too. Thank you for your concern, youre a good friend. I'll also look into an aftermarket replacement for the weaker knuckle assembly. I appreciate you helping me improve my build.
But just because you couldn't build an Si doesn't mean that's true for others. You should probably take a walk and cool off, since your car is conveniently down, it may help with your insecurities and anger issues.

Lmfao "take L's on the street"...okay Toretto. Go live your life a 1/4 of a mile at a time.

Last edited:

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
You're saying is that stock fk8s are higher than whp than 350whp now? You're a very confusing young man. Way to go on your bought not built car, all of us here are glad about your unlocked achievement. My clutch doesn't slip, unless yours does. I have an fk8 clutch. So... you're wrong, again. You keep thinking I'm bone stock, Lol looks like you glossed over my mod list. Do you have ADD?

I'll add PPG to take care of that shearing problem, maybe some head studs too. Thank you for your concern, youre a good friend. I'll also look into an aftermarket replacement for the weaker knuckle assembly. I appreciate you helping me improve my build.
But just because you couldn't build an Si doesn't mean that's true for others. You should probably take a walk and cool off, since your car is conveniently down, it may help with your insecurities and anger issues.

Lmfao "take L's on the street"...okay Toretto. Go live your life a 1/4 of a mile at a time.
lmfao
Youre not on a stock Si clutch THAT was limited to 280wtq or so before it slips - youre on an R clutch proving the R is superior to the Si - yet again lol

PPG gears wont help you getting gapped tho - youre going to need alot more power in that dept.

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lmfao
Youre not on a stock Si clutch THAT was limited to 280wtq or so before it slips - youre on an R clutch proving the R is superior to the Si - yet again lol

PPG gears wont help you getting gapped tho - youre going to need alot more power in that dept.
...Um, okay. I never said it wasn't. It's kind of common knowledge. Thats why people are interested in doing the engine swap. Kind of the whole point of this thread. Not you showing us how humble you are.
I'll work on that power increase Department. What other dept should I look into and is this a store in the mall or online?

What happens if I get gapped.... will I have to pay a fine or buy the other driver a sundae? Will I lose my copy of Fast & Furious if I lose a race in dem streets?

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
...Um, okay. I never said it wasn't. It's kind of common knowledge. Thats why people are interested in doing the engine swap. Kind of the whole point of this thread. Not you showing us how humble you are.
I'll work on that power increase Department. What other dept should I look into and is this a store in the mall or online?

What happens if I get gapped.... will I have to pay a fine or buy the other driver a sundae? Will I lose my copy of Fast & Furious if I lose a race in dem streets?
You already get gapped and know the answer - you end up with this inferiority complex spending money trying to be faster than an R lol At least it brings us this comedy tho so keep at it

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You already get gapped and know the answer - you end up with this inferiority complex spending money trying to be faster than an R lol At least it brings us this comedy tho so keep at it
I didnt spend much at all really. When you think about the overall cost, it was near 9.6k for everything. That on top of a 28k out the door car is an excellent price. Point on the dyno chart where the Si hurt your feelings.
When did I get gapped? I thought I was being polite by letting that Altima ahead of me so he could make his turn in time.... I don't have to give up my F&F DvD do I? What if I track him down and ask for a rematch and if I lose, the winner takes my car, clean and clear. But if I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect. #fastfamily

Last edited:

speedyserg

First Name
Sergio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
I didnt spend much at all really. When you think about the overall cost, it was near 9.6k for everything. That on top of a 28k out the door car is an excellent price. Point on the dyno chart where the Si hurt your feelings.
When did I get gapped? I thought I was being polite by letting that Altima ahead of me so he could make his turn in time.... I don't have to give up my F&F DvD do I? What if I track him down and ask for a rematch and take his cash AND the respect. #fastfamily
If you had an R and spent 10k youd be making 500+whp and have a car worth 12k+ over msrp

Keep spending tho - maybe one day youll be among the few that ever get to 500+whp with an L15 before giving up on it. Id be surprised if you made over 400whp really but hey - given how little you know about suspension geometry someone might just sell you on a built L15 lol. Let me know how much you end up spending to crack a real 500whp - if you ever do lol

T.Silver

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you had an R and spent 10k youd be making 500+whp and have a car worth 12k+ over msrp

Keep spending tho - maybe one day youll be among the few that ever get to 500+whp with an L15 before giving up on it. Id be surprised if you made over 400whp really but hey - given how little you know about suspension geometry someone might just sell you on a built L15 lol. Let me know how much you end up spending to crack a real 500whp - if you ever do lol
So, instead of me spending 37k I shouldve spent 50k for a used type r and another 10k on top of that. Only 60k for 150 more hp (because 350 + 150 = 500). Seems slightly excessive. Since you sound like you have one of those prized inner city educations, I realize math isnt your strong suit here. Im just glad to have a friend like you who believes in me and encourages me to understand my lowly vehicular station in life could one day be better. If only there was a company out there that made an aftermarket block and one of those big boy turbine thingys to help me break through that impossible 400whp ceiling.
Sponsored