Any Coupe or Sedan owners regretting their purchase since the si is out?

Would you trade in your coupe/sedan for an si version?

• Hell Yes

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Hell No

Votes: 33 78.6%

• Total voters

BigThurman006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX; 2015 Ford Edge SE
2016 EX Sedan owner...I needed a car back in August and got it then. For the longest time I regretted not waiting on the 2017 Hatchback as I could have waited until those released had I realized the release date was right around the corner. Additionally, I regretted not test driving the EX-T; that too may have swayed me. That being said, I could not have waited this long on the Si. I would love to trade in the EX for an Si but I think our next move will be trading the EX in for a minivan.
Sponsored

Milo & Miles

Is there anything that won't fit into this car?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
Agreed with the sentiments so far. The EX-T appears to be 8/10 ths of the Si performance wise, and unless you were dying for the sharper suspension bits, seats and more aggressive looks, then probably have nothing to regret IMO.

dragynslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport w/ HS
Country flag
I strongly considered both the Sport 6MT hatchback and EX-T 6MT before deciding on an Si.

I liked the looks and versatility of the Sport hatchack, but didn't like the lack of a sunroof, pushbutton start, CarPlay, etc.

The EX-T was okay, but I didn't care for the lack of a leather steering wheel.

Ultimately, I couldn't find either a Sport or EX-T with the 6MT - nothing but CVTs everywhere around me.

I was able to snag an Si right off the truck yesterday.

Here is a list of differences between the EX-T 6MT and Si...

http://www.civicx.com/threads/civic...nd-links-compilation.11495/page-3#post-206231

If you already have a Sport or EX-T, it wouldn't make much sense to trade for an Si. But, if you're starting fresh it's kind of a no-brainer unless you truly need the versatility of a hatchback or simply can't stand the looks of a sedan or coupe.
Unless you lived in Canada, the sport hatchback here has all those features you mentioned above :)

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Si, no. Type R, I would've but again time was a factor for me.

Especially the Coupe, Honda messed up with that hideous rear spoiler. Never a fan so I was surprised they got the Type R right that I will be buying it.
What's wrong with the spoiler? Note never owned a car with one. It seems like lot of people here hate it. I have only seen pictures of the Si and it looks like a normal spoiler.

Givah-sum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT coupe
Country flag
No regrets getting the EX-T coupe. It's a little soft suspension wise, but with the condition of the local roads I'm sure I would hate an Si.
I have had other performance cars (mustang GT) and driving on a rough road sucks.

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I lived in the US I might have regretted it because the starting price is just under 24k. Up here they're over 28k...4K more than I paid for an EX-T

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
What's wrong with the spoiler? Note never owned a car with one. It seems like lot of people here hate it. I have only seen pictures of the Si and it looks like a normal spoiler.
I have a neutral-favourable view of spoilers. I mostly like wing spoilers, but kinda dislike lip spoilers. Which is actually against popular opinion from what I can tell. My last three cars all had a spoiler. Wing spoiler, then roofline spoiler, now my Civic hatch has 2 spoilers! :nixon:

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love my coupe touring! Ive had a stick shift for the last 10 years (Acura RSX Type S and a Audi TTS). Im rather enjoying being lazy and having the CVT do everything for me for a change...and the near 50mpg I get commuting.

ichii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe and 2011 CR-Z
Country flag
Surprised at the people who don't like the SI Coupe spoiler, strongly considering getting it on my CVT Coupe.
That's what I'm planning to get next for my coupe.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Not sure why you guys would regret your coupe/sedan. It's not like you didn't know they'd make another Si...You'd probably either waited with your existing car, or you might have bought a 10th gen sedan/coupe with the intention of upgrading to the Si after it came out. The Si does look good, and I'm sure Honda would see more sales if they offered an automatic (not CVT!) version.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The Si does look good, and I'm sure Honda would see more sales if they offered an automatic (not CVT!) version.
A CVT's weakness is its torque capacity and feel (or lack thereof). However, there's no denying its constant power delivery and ability to keep the engine at its peak output for performance and efficiency at all speeds that no other type of transmission currently made can match.

It doesn't matter to me if Honda were to offer an Si with an automatic transmission (even though it does seem a bit blasphemous), but I wouldn't buy one. A manual transmission engages the driver and requires a certain amount of skill to drive comfortably and efficiently. Any grandma can aim a steering wheel and step on an accelerator pedal, but fewer can row through gears which is a staple of the Si experience.

One reason manual transmissions are disappearing in supercars is because automatics have become more efficient than manuals. While it does eliminate some required skill, driver engagement, and fun, the brutal acceleration of some cars without a manual transmission makes you forget all about what type of transmission the vehicle has. I've not heard of anyone complaining about a Tesla Model S P100D that hits 60 in 2.x seconds complain about the lack of a manual transmission. ;)

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
A CVT's weakness is its torque capacity and feel (or lack thereof). However, there's no denying its constant power delivery and ability to keep the engine at its peak output for performance and efficiency at all speeds that no other type of transmission currently made can match.

It doesn't matter to me if Honda were to offer an Si with an automatic transmission (even though it does seem a bit blasphemous), but I wouldn't buy one. A manual transmission engages the driver and requires a certain amount of skill to drive comfortably and efficiently. Any grandma can aim a steering wheel and step on an accelerator pedal, but fewer can row through gears which is a staple of the Si experience.

One reason manual transmissions are disappearing in supercars is because automatics have become more efficient than manuals. While it does eliminate some required skill, driver engagement, and fun, the brutal acceleration of some cars without a manual transmission makes you forget all about what type of transmission the vehicle has. I've not heard of anyone complaining about a Tesla Model S P100D that hits 60 in 2.x seconds complain about the lack of a manual transmission. ;)
I don't disagree with anything you said, and my intention wasn't to start a manual vs. auto debate. I was simply stating that an SI would sell more if they offered an automatic transmission, since most Americans don't know how to drive a manual. It definitely takes away from the exclusivity of a manual only SI, but it would put more money in Honda's pocket...If they were ever to put an auto in the SI (which I don't think will happen anyway, but I can dream), it would have to be an auto not a CVT, since the SI is a 'sporty' car.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I saw a red Si where I bought my HB ST...

It's actually cheaper than my Sport Touring?

Honda Civic 10th gen Any Coupe or Sedan owners regretting their purchase since the si is out? 20170601_233842

Honda Civic 10th gen Any Coupe or Sedan owners regretting their purchase since the si is out? 20170601_233733

Honda Civic 10th gen Any Coupe or Sedan owners regretting their purchase since the si is out? 20170601_233719

Milo & Miles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch
I saw a red Si where I bought my HB ST...

It's actually cheaper than my Sport Touring?
What it's missing from your ST is Leather and the Honda Sensing Package, but it has all the extra performance bits.
Sponsored