Android Auto Beefs

Codex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (WOP) / Cessna 172RG
I love how people are saying it's not normal. It entirely depends on the type of Android phone you're running and what the default security policies are for that vendor.
Sponsored

CivicHoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Country flag
Sounds like you have an idea of what is causing my problem. I would like to know more. I had this problem last year with an M7 HTC One and now with the Moto Z Play. Verizon is the carrier. What do I need to do to get this to work?

Moto Z Play just updated this week - Android 7.1.1 / Security Patch 1 July 2017

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
my biggest issues are (small ones are fixed by a reset of both) that I can no longer reply in whatsapp or FB messenger, which I used to be able to do. after it reads me my message it asks if I want to reply, I say yes and it tells me "this chat app is either not installed or needs to be updated." well they are obviously installed or there would be no message for me to reply to in the first place and they are both up to date as well... rebooting doesn't solve this issue.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
What fixed my "device not found" message, is to stop all of your apps before you start your car. So that Android auto has no competition when it starts up.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Mine was working before but I took the August update and it says connecting but won't interface the actual Android auto. Seems like Google is always beta testing

Blitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had issues with connections a couple of times some time ago, I restarted the phone, fixed right away.

I agree that the issue is more likely to be phone related.

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I'm did some testing with a few phones I had. It's related to the ROM with my current phone. The way android updates come out are irregular and the one I used is the newest which is having problems. I think 8.0 is coming out next week, so I'll just re-flash a new image.

LKN

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2012 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Country flag
Is it just me or does everyone's Andriod Auto not list/show their songs that they have stored on their phones? I mean even my aftermarket deck that I had installed in my Vigor listed all my stored music that I had on my phone... I just want to be able to go into Andriod Auto, click the headphone icon, and see all the songs listed in my phone!
Use MD Player or the VLC Beta

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I am really hating Android Auto. I starting using it again now that Waze is finally available but I am ready to pound my fist through the damn screen. Most of the time, AA fluctuates on and off. I can't get a stable connection. Sometimes, I can't even connect. I find myself constantly rebooting the screen to get AA to work for a short amount of time. I have tried new cables, put my Moto Z in developer mode and enabled USB debugging, and sacrificed puppies to the AA god. No luck. Anyone else have this problem and solved it?

I had the same problem with my HTC One last year and stopped using AA altogether. Stealership says there is nothing wrong with my hardware/software in the car. For my sanity, I am ready to stop using AA again and just run Waze on my phone.
Check your cable and charging port. I've confirmed that my Galaxy S7 suffers from shielding issues when using several varieties of aftermarket cables. Stick with HTC/Moto's cable (or replace it) as it was tested for interference on that specific phone.

I've also found that a dirty charging port can interrupt the screen mirroring. It was an issue on older tech that I used (Pioneer AppRadio).
Sponsored

Last edited: