Av00va

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Civic EX
Country flag
Hmm... that's a mystery. But, in my experience, the fan speed is tied to the selector; regardless of the selected mode... *except* when in 'auto' mode.

It seems like there's an AC diagnostic test mode with our cars. Maybe that would yield a clue. But, given that it seems to be a salvage title; anything goes.

You may have already answered; but does the fan behave the same way when you run the heat? You could take e peek at the fan/cabin filter in the glovebox and rule out anything obvious.

Lastly... the infotainment (in some trims) has the HVAC controls integrated into it. Some folks have successfully swapped controls from other trim levels. I'm wondering if whoever repaired the car made some changes. Some trims have auto mode, split zones, and other features that aren't present in others.

Good luck.
I'm going to take it to get evacuated/refilled with a new condenser if it's the wrong part number. The car has all of its original HVAC and infotainment parts. It puzzles me deeply that the car is mostly fine for the 1st hour or so of a drive, and then it will get much warmer and the fan, despite being full blast on manual mode, doesn't kick much air out. It makes noise, but it's almost as if the air is going somewhere else that isn't in the car? No clue. Not sure what to make of it and the salvage title is making it hard to get repairs
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Yeah... weird.

It's gonna' sound dumb... but maybe something is icing over in the air's path? Or maybe the cabin air filter is doing something weird; like getting soaked with moisture. You could pull the glovebox door and operate the thing without the filter and see if there's anything obvious happening in there.