aFe Takeda Exhaust Carbon Fiber Tips Install

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I'm here at JuJu Built in Upland, CA getting my aFe exhaust installed. I went down to aFe in Corona, CA to pick up the exhaust. They had 3 of the carbon fiber tip exhausts available. Im so excited to see what it looks and sounds like when its finished. I will be posting a photo of the new exhaust after.
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm here at JuJu Built in Upland, CA getting my aFe exhaust installed. I went down to aFe in Corona, CA to pick up the exhaust. They had 3 of the carbon fiber tip exhausts available. Im so excited to see what it looks and sounds like when its finished. I will be posting a photo of the new exhaust after.
The sound is very quite to say the least

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks and sounds great! Nice deep tone. I also like the carbon fiber tips because it blends with the car and isnt really a cop magnet lol

Honda Civic 10th gen aFe Takeda Exhaust Carbon Fiber Tips Install 20190408_185658

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
I have a catless downpipe so it will be louder
So when you say catless, you mean you removed the catalytic converter, correct? How would you deal with emissions, especially being in California? You would never pass smog, or are you not keeping the car that long...

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So when you say catless, you mean you removed the catalytic converter, correct? How would you deal with emissions, especially being in California? You would never pass smog, or are you not keeping the car that long...
What's the point in modding if you worry about smog. The Cat is located at the downpipe which is before the whole exhaust. You can always swap the stock downpipe back on when it's time to smog without issue which is why you keep you stock parts that are required for smog. Another thing to note is us Cali guys since the car is new do not have to smog for 6 years from car model year which for him wouldn't be till 2026 for first smog.

OP
OP
JDMpo0kie

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
What's the point in modding if you worry about smog. The Cat is located at the downpipe which is before the whole exhaust. You can always swap the stock downpipe back on when it's time to smog without issue which is why you keep you stock parts that are required for smog. Another thing to note is us Cali guys since the car is new do not have to smog for 6 years from car model year which for him wouldn't be till 2026 for first smog.
Haha yeah mine is a 2017. I still got a few years left.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Forgot about the 6 year smog check! I don't know if this still pertains to today's engines, a friend of mine owned a garage in Hollywood in the 80's, some of his customers would ask them to remove the cat, he would tell them if he did unburned fuel would spew out. Anyway if it makes things run better...

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
She sounds so good haha. 70 mile and hour cruise is pretty quiet.

20190409_054743.jpg
Those tips look really nice! What's the cost of the muffler?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks man! The whole exhaust with 20% off plus tax came put to 1,100.
Well thank you for the info, I might consider replacing the muffler next year, I am looking for something quiet, I am not really into loud exhaust notes. You can install this with the CAT, I won't have to remove it correct? Also did they need to weld it? That is not an issue for me, my mechanic has a welder

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just bought the Polished tip Takeda 3" 304 Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust, can't wait to recieve it and install it

Honda Civic 10th gen aFe Takeda Exhaust Carbon Fiber Tips Install Takeda.JPG
Sponsored