Adaptive cruise control..issue?

dana0069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic touring
Country flag
Was on the highway this morning, and went to turn on the 'acc' , but it kept turning off.
I did get it to work, but had to hit the set button within 2 seconds before it turned off again. I don't recall having this issue, is it normal to turn off within 1 or 2 seconds if the set button isn't pushed almost at the same time?
Dana0069
Sponsored

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
If you had your foot on the gas, it can appear to turn off (the speed indicator flashes off). But it is still set and will appear again when you release the gas pedal. The same thing happens if you accelerate to pass someone.

OP
OP

dana0069

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic touring
Country flag
If you had your foot on the gas, it can appear to turn off (the speed indicator flashes off). But it is still set and will appear again when you release the gas pedal. The same thing happens if you accelerate to pass someone.
Hi Thanks for your help, but I guess maybe I explained it wrong..It's the button that shows the following distance is what keeps turning off almost immediately when I turn it on. I turn that on first before setting the speed.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
Why does my acc all of the sudden not turn on anymore? I can still set cruise control manually though.
Make sure your MAIN switch is turned on. When MAIN is turned on you will always see ACC and LKA in green lit on the dash.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
So it will work like regular cruise and not ACC? Long press the Dist button (R button on the right four-way) to change from regular cruise to ACC cruise and back.

Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV Touring 2016
The ACC is the worst feature of this car. How can I turn it off permanently ? I understand the theory but it is not for me.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ACC is the worst feature of this car. How can I turn it off permanently ? I understand the theory but it is not for me.
Just...don't turn it on? :dunno: or do you mean have only regular CC and not ACC?

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
it works well if you learn how to use it properly. But there is a way to disable it to make it regular cruise control.

Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV Touring 2016
I know how to use it properly and understand the safety issue, but after 10,000 Km of being slowed down by the car ahead of me I want it turned off but leaving the CC on. All the features are great.

unr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L15B7
Country flag
Being slowed down by the car ahead of you? That's the point. But I guess you mean when somebody switches in your lane and such.
Anyway... to disable ACC do the following:

Switching to Standard Cruise Control
Press and hold the Distance button. Cruise mode appears in the Driver Information Interface.

Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV Touring 2016
You need to hold down the distance button each time you engage the CC. Can it be turned off permanently?

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Probably not. It's a discipline thing, Steve. Set your cruise for 10-15mph above the speed you want to go. Then make yourself pull out to pass the slow car in front of you, the ACC will accelerate, then back in your lane until the next car comes up...

Steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV Touring 2016
The name ACC is a misnomer as this is really advanced traffic control. Let's face it is R&D for self driving cars and we are the guinea pigs trying it out. The idea of cruise control is that you set a speed to maximize fuel efficiency by maintaining a constant speed and to avoid speed creep aka avoid speeding tickets. ACC defeats the first purpose as speed is constantly changing and then there are the huge surges trying to get back into the passing lane. With ACC you set your speed only to discover 10 minutes later you are not going that speed due to the truck ahead. It is a stupid concept for those who love driving as against being driven.
Sponsored