2017 CIVIC Type R Tire Replacement Procedure Video Official Honda Video for Honda Employees

Honda4LifeAU

Number 1 Honda Fan from Australia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD K20, Jazz GE
Yeah, noticed that. I hope its an easy task to remove the red pin stripe all together
Sponsored

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
It's without hope here in Europe. Not even Honda dealerships prob won't have these machines. But imagine going to general tire change garages. They have stone age equipment compared to this one. If I decide to have winter tires I'll get a second set of wheels.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic type r , s2000 , delsol & soon to be a NSX
Country flag
I personally will go to a dealership that has that machine, there's no way In hell I'd have new tire's installed & accept my car back with F'ed up wheels. I'd be so pissed , they'd have to get me new wheels. But some people won't give a crap , if that's the case , this car isn't for them.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
Ugh.. gotta go to a specific dealer to get tired changed as well.. humm looking like lots of specific stuff gotta do to maintain tires.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ugh.. gotta go to a specific dealer to get tired changed as well.. humm looking like lots of specific stuff gotta do to maintain tires.
I'm sure atlease 1 dealer in your area will get or have that machine.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I'm sure atlease 1 dealer in your area will get or have that machine.
Only got one dealer and they won't mount tires they don't sell. And we all know what they charge for tires. Next closest dealer hour and half away

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Only got one dealer and they won't mount tires they don't sell. And we all know what they charge for tires. Next closest dealer hour and half away
Hell yeah , if they have a machine , that will be a fun road trip in a type r.. I'd just order tire's from tire rack , toss some protection over the seats & trunk , load them things up & off I'd go.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hell yeah , if they have a machine , that will be a fun road trip in a type r.. I'd just order tire's from tire rack , toss some protection over the seats & trunk , load them things up & off I'd go.
Can't you have them delivered to a dealership or shop that has the machine?

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Make sure you guys take a video/pictures of your rims before you change out your tires. Going to be a lot of damaged rims out there and the shops are going to say they were like that to begin with.

Detailmylifeaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Make sure you guys take a video/pictures of your rims before you change out your tires. Going to be a lot of damaged rims out there and the shops are going to say they were like that to begin with.
Agreed !! You'll go in with perfect rims & leave with some major damage done.. it's a no brainer to just find a shop that has that machine

hondatech nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline
GIve me some time today in the video was a link and you can enter your zip code zip code and it will tell you the closest tire shop with the equipment