2016 Honda Civic Quick Drive Video [Consumer Reports]

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
When the video review and shows the rear seats, the floor in the rear isn't flat. There's a bump in the middle of the rear area. Could it be rear wheel drive or All Wheel Drive? I really hope so!
I believe the speculation on that is because the ILX will be using this platform as well and soon all of Acuras line-up will use their AWD system.
Sponsored

Hermie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Civic Sedan, 69 Mustang.
He's talking about mods to increase it above the stock HP.

The torque hasn't been stated/slipped out anywhere yet, correct?

Exactly. If we can get lets say close to 200hp, this could be a working mans Si in automatic form. Granted not as much fun, but having more scoot on the road is always welcome.

Whoosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
I believe the speculation on that is because the ILX will be using this platform as well and soon all of Acuras line-up will use their AWD system.
Didnt notice that until you said it. Shame to lose that foot space/clerance in the back for no functional reason (at least for the Civic).

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Exactly. If we can get lets say close to 200hp, this could be a working mans Si in automatic form. Granted not as much fun, but having more scoot on the road is always welcome.
CVT+1.5T+more HP=kaboom!

Even with 200HP and a functioning CVT you still wouldn't even be able to outrun a pickup truck!

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The new platform will be used to underpin the Accord, Civic, ILX, CRV, CRZ, and possibly the next gen TLX too... so AWD capability was a must for the new platform. The civic however will remain FWD, unless they decide to make the next gen CTR AWD

Shortbus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Fit Blue Sensation
The new platform will be used to underpin the Accord, Civic, ILX, CRV, CRZ, and possibly the next gen TLX too... so AWD capability was a must for the new platform. The civic however will remain FWD, unless they decide to make the next gen CTR AWD
Now THAT would be interesting, seeing the Type R and Focus RS going apples-to-apples head to head, both AWD and both in the US finally. No more excuses of but it's AWD vs FWD when comparing them.

CivicXCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Civic LX