10K mile club

RyanM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many!
20k over here, replacing the cabin air filter, Arizona Dust. Traveled from Az to CO and back. Then to CA and Back a few times. Wheres the injen Cold Air intake when you need one? :what:
I wonder who has the most miles on a 2016? Or if anyone broke 40k yet? Highest I have seen was 33k about a month ago. It was a used 2016 for sale in IL. Seems to have sold, I can't find it anymore. Next highest I see is at a Chrysler dealer located @
374 Siemers Dr,
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.

Last carfax shows 28,749 miles.
Sponsored

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
I wonder who has the most miles on a 2016? Or if anyone broke 40k yet? Highest I have seen was 33k about a month ago. It was a used 2016 for sale in IL. Seems to have sold, I can't find it anymore.
I just don't understand all these crazy high mileage new cars. At my dealer, they have a couple of 16 model cars with close to 25-30k miles. Where the freak are these people driving? :eek:

RyanM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many!
I just don't understand all these crazy high mileage new cars. At my dealer, they have a couple of 16 model cars with close to 25-30k miles. Where the freak are these people driving? :eek:
I do know quite a few people that commute a long distance for work, or need to drive a lot for work.

One of my friends is driving 100 miles a day each way. (Milwaukee-Madison)

One of my friends is a courier and he uses his own vehicle. He racked up 475k miles in 3 years.

Another one of my friends is an accountant and works for an auditing firm. He drives all over the country and expenses the miles on his personal vehicle. Sometimes he will fly and get a rental, it just depends.

In the past I had a friend that moved to TX for work. His wife was able to find work as well, but there was about 300 miles between their jobs. They got a place in the middle and both commuted nearly 300 miles a day round trip. Only for a short while, SHE got sick of it, but he didn't. Was an excuse to get a new car every year or so!

Side note: There is a 2016 Accord with 42k miles for sale. I am sure there is a 2016 civic that broke 40k already. It's most likely a rental or commercial vehicle though.

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For most? Probably long-distance commuters. Before I moved out to the boonies to be closer to my job, I was doing 50k miles a year just commuting (100 miles each way). If you factor in weekend driving/trip driving, it'd probably add another 5k or so.

And we still have a lot of people that refuse to move out here and have done 100 miles each way for nearly 10 years and will continue until they retire.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
One of my friends is a courier and he uses his own vehicle. He racked up 475k miles in 3 years.
I hope he either makes ALOT of money, or he expenses his fuel to a company or something. Be interesting to know just how much he has spent in the last 3 years. :confused1:

RyanM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many!
I hope he either makes ALOT of money, or he expenses his fuel to a company or something. Be interesting to know just how much he has spent in the last 3 years. :confused1:
This is not him. But basically exactly what he does.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/really-long-haulin-what-its-like-to-drive-200000-miles-per-year/

I know 3 people that drive as a courier. Two of them have Chevy Cruze's and one of them has a Prius.

2013 Cruze = ~ 475k miles
2012 Cruze = ~ 410k miles
2011 Prius = ~ 550k miles +/- haven't checked recently

I think the Civic would make a great courier vehicle, it can easily get 45 mpg on the open highway, which is what most of the above vehicles are doing!

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

RyanM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many!
Dafuq :eek:

As for maintenance, Mike lists the following as the annual toll:

• 6000 gallons of gasoline
26 oil changes and tire rotations
• 2 sets of tires
• 1 set of struts and shocks
• Timing belt and water pump (really every 9 months, Mike got the job down to four hours)
If you head over to Prius Chat there are a lot of people on there that use the Prius for courier services. Some of the guys sleep in their vehicle too. Many of them have crazy high mileage.

I'm sure there are Civic's out there with crazy high mileage as well, but those people don't have any time to post about it because they are always driving!

BobM_Jr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I work in a manufacturing facility. Downtime on a critical machine can cost the company tens of thousands of $$$ an hour so sometimes they will pay for couriers to bring a needed critical part ASAP. Just a courier from the airport 50 miles away costs several hundred dollars. Once had one bring a part from a city about 350 miles away and if I recall that cost about $3000.00.

RyanM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many!
I work in a manufacturing facility. Downtime on a critical machine can cost the company tens of thousands of $$$ an hour so sometimes they will pay for couriers to bring a needed critical part ASAP. Just a courier from the airport 50 miles away costs several hundred dollars. Once had one bring a part from a city about 350 miles away and if I recall that cost about $3000.00.
Exactly.

Many of these couriers are doing medical supplies too.

OP
OP
Bodiblue

Bodiblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 1985 MR2
Good to hear all you guys putting miles on your civics, let's see how long we can all keep it up eh?

chriswcalif

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
Managed to snap this pic the other day:

Honda Civic 10th gen 10K mile club kD2z6Vjl

was sitting in traffic and noticed before it rolled over.
Rolled past 10,000 miles in a little less than 5 months. No problems other than the occasional need to reboot the infotainment system and having to reattach the rear brake light cover. I'm really happy with my Civic.
Honda Civic 10th gen 10K mile club IMG_1557.JPG