Interesting review of CTR.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Very interesting review. It kind of reminds me of the change between the AP1 S2k with the F20 and the AP2 with the F22. People argued that the first generation was more involving to drive, and that the 2nd generation was softer and a little less exciting. And while that might be true when compared directly to each other, when looked at in a vacuum, the AP2 is a great drivers cars, and was overall a better car in general when compared to the AP1. The common saying is that the AP1 is the better S2000, the AP2 is the better car, and this might hold true again for the FK2 vs FK8.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
The US regulations? Not sure, but I'm really happy that I get the white markers on my CTR in Norway.
Are the bulbs clear over there? There are tons of cars over here with clear marker lenses and amber bulbs. I can't imagine they would make a different lens to be able to still use a clear bulb...

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Are the bulbs clear over there? There are tons of cars over here with clear marker lenses and amber bulbs. I can't imagine they would make a different lens to be able to still use a clear bulb...
I've seen some people say that it HAS to be orange on imported cars. The cars manufactured in the US follows some other laws.
Anyway, found this:

According to CT State Statues it is not legal to not have them:

Sec. 14-96i. Visibility of reflectors and clearance, identification and side marker lamps. (a) Each reflector upon any vehicle referred to in section 14-96f shall be of such size and characteristics and so maintained as to be readily visible at nighttime from all distances within six hundred feet to one hundred feet from the vehicle when directly in front of lawful upper beams of head lamps. Reflectors required to be mounted on the sides of the vehicle shall reflect the required color of light to the sides, and those mounted on the rear shall reflect a red color to the rear.

(b) Front and rear clearance lamps and identification lamps shall be capable of being seen and distinguished under normal atmospheric conditions at the times lighted lamps are required at all distances between five hundred and fifty feet from the front and rear, respectively, of the vehicle.

(c) Side marker lamps shall be capable of being seen and distinguished under normal atmospheric conditions at the times lighted lamps are required at all distances between five hundred and fifty feet from the side of the vehicle on which mounted.

(d) Failure to comply with the requirements of this section shall be an infraction.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2007/pub/Chap2...#Sec14-96i.htm

I used www.findlaw.com

Phantisy

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.primalsynthetics.com
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda Fit Sport, 17 Honda CTR
Country flag
WTF, what moron decided that?
I would like to know this too.

The US regulations? Not sure, but I'm really happy that I get the white markers on my CTR in Norway.
I have the JDM OEM side markers for my car when I get it, and they come with an orange bulb.

In Virginia, as long as you have an orange bulb in the clear markers, it is legal.

OP
OP
Mike R

Mike R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R. 2017 Nissan Micra.
Country flag
Euro cars generally have clear lenses and amber bulbs also. They don't have red rear indicators as some US vehicles do.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Euro cars generally have clear lenses and amber bulbs also. They don't have red rear indicators as some US vehicles do.
I can't imagine why they decided to go orange marker lenses for the US then. There are tons of cars in the US that have clear lenses and orange bulbs stock, WRX for one and pretty much any car with marker lamps on the mirrors. Luckily it's a 10 min, $25 fix but it's still annoying.

The thing I'm most thankful for with my Sport hatch is the things that bug the shit out of me (orange lenses, cloth interior) are easy enough to resolve.

OP
OP
Mike R

Mike R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW Golf R. 2017 Nissan Micra.
Country flag
I can't imagine why they decided to go orange marker lenses for the US then. There are tons of cars in the US that have clear lenses and orange bulbs stock, WRX for one and pretty much any car with marker lamps on the mirrors. Luckily it's a 10 min, $25 fix but it's still annoying.

The thing I'm most thankful for with my Sport hatch is the things that bug the shit out of me (orange lenses, cloth interior) are easy enough to resolve.
Am I right in thinking that the amber side markers come on with the ignition? In the UK and Europe the clear lenses on the wings/fenders are repeater indicators that supplement the front and rear indicators.

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Am I right in thinking that the amber side markers come on with the ignition? In the UK and Europe the clear lenses on the wings/fenders are repeater indicators that supplement the front and rear indicators.
Side markers are only on with parking/headlights, not DRL's.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Very interesting review. It kind of reminds me of the change between the AP1 S2k with the F20 and the AP2 with the F22. People argued that the first generation was more involving to drive, and that the 2nd generation was softer and a little less exciting. And while that might be true when compared directly to each other, when looked at in a vacuum, the AP2 is a great drivers cars, and was overall a better car in general when compared to the AP1. The common saying is that the AP1 is the better S2000, the AP2 is the better car, and this might hold true again for the FK2 vs FK8.
I don't agree that the AP1 is the better S2000 though. The only thing it really has going for it is the higher redline engine over the AP2. Heck, racers usually build the AP2 up as race cars for club racing here in the USA, not the AP1. The rear suspension geometry makes it a much faster and consistent car

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Honda changed the springrates of the AP1/AP2 many times, almost every production year. AP1 is more neutral, AP2 has more understeer (safer).
Sponsored