Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Dumb question but since the LX is 174hp and sport 179hp.

Does doing the 6 psi tune on an LX with 91 give less gains than the sport model?
The gains will be the same on the Sport and LX models when using 91 octane fuel. That is because, as far as we can tell, the power gain in the Sport model is just due to using a higher octane fuel (91 instead of 87).

nsxmatt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 coupe, 2009 coupe
The gains will be the same on the Sport and LX models when using 91 octane fuel. That is because, as far as we can tell, the power gain in the Sport model is just due to using a higher octane fuel (91 instead of 87).
I thought the difference was because of the Sports downpipe and exhaust which is different from the other models, possibly larger diameter and/or free flowing exhaust.

MrFowler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rallye Red Civic 1.5 Sport Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ordered a flashpro for my UK Civic Sport. All up and running now on Tesco 99 octane fuel +6psi base tune with no other mods. Few short blasts of acceleration on my way to work and its awesome!
Anyone with a sport Hatch tried the full throttle gear shifts?

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Ordered a flashpro for my UK Civic Sport. All up and running now on Tesco 99 octane fuel +6psi base tune with no other mods. Few short blasts of acceleration on my way to work and its awesome!
Anyone with a sport Hatch tried the full throttle gear shifts?
Yea man the +6 psi makes a big difference. You actually get pulled back in your seat haha

WhiteHatchEX17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP civic EX hatch
Are there any tuners or dealers would do the +6 psi instead of buying hondata itself ? 700 is steep as I only paid 425 shipper used for a Cobb APV3 for the fiesta .

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are there any tuners or dealers would do the +6 psi instead of buying hondata itself ? 700 is steep as I only paid 425 shipper used for a Cobb APV3 for the fiesta .
I sell you my flash pro for $550 when my v2 shows up

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Dude - I just tried the +9 PSI

Coming from a 130hp CVT civic, my heart is still racing from that 1 pull I did to work...Its soo much different than the 6 PSI.

Though, going to have to go back to the 6 PSI since this car is a lease and I don't want it breaking :(

verbalj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dude - I just tried the +9 PSI

Coming from a 130hp CVT civic, my heart is still racing from that 1 pull I did to work...Its soo much different than the 6 PSI.

Though, going to have to go back to the 6 PSI since this car is a lease and I don't want it breaking :(
Can't wait! Though I don't anticipate ever pushing things to the limit (like flooring it at every light or straightaway or highway). Considering I have a wife, and/or two kids in the backseat, for half my trips, I can't drive like a 20-something-year old, haha.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can't wait! Though I don't anticipate ever pushing things to the limit (like flooring it at every light or straightaway or highway). Considering I have a wife, and/or two kids in the backseat, for half my trips, I can't drive like a 20-something-year old, haha.
It is very hard to resist pulling at every light with the 9 PSI haha. Enjoy it!!

Btw can anyone explain the no lift shit? I tried doing it but my RPMs still skyrocketed, is that normal? I thought it wouldn't let you go over x RPM.

nsxmatt

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 coupe, 2009 coupe
It is very hard to resist pulling at every light with the 9 PSI haha. Enjoy it!!

Btw can anyone explain the no lift shit? I tried doing it but my RPMs still skyrocketed, is that normal? I thought it wouldn't let you go over x RPM.
Is the box checked in the Flashpro manager on your computer before you uploaded it? I haven't looked at the firmware of the new Civic one but the one on the 8th gens you have to engage it and adjust the rpm. Even then, it can only go to redline anyway which you should only be at when you full throttle shift anyway.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Is the box checked in the Flashpro manager on your computer before you uploaded it? I haven't looked at the firmware of the new Civic one but the one on the 8th gens you have to engage it and adjust the rpm. Even then, it can only go to redline anyway which you should only be at when you full throttle shift anyway.
Yea - I have full throttle shift checked.