First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thought this might be fun topic?
My company reserved me an intermediate car. A couple days before I left, I was told to get a pickup truck and it had to be a GM vehicle... Of course, the rental company didn't have a GM pickup, so this was the best thing I could come up with on the spot...
Honda Civic 10th gen Your worst rental car? 20190425_121548

I've been driving it for a week and it's fucking horrible.

I popped the hood and found out this van has a 6.0L vortec.

I tried to do a brake stand, and it wont even spin the tires. it's slow A.F. Although... my brother told me to turn of the traction control... I will try that, lol

Share a story about your worst rental car!
Sponsored

Last edited:

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
A Nissan Versa. On a trip a few years ago to our San Antonio Texas office l thought I would save my company some money... the worst move ever made. If you have ever driven on a Texas highway, and my friends from Texas know what I am talking about, they are big, alot of the San Antonio roads are off of access roads that are basically spillovers from the highways, people are driving highway speeds, so making turns, getting off highways, you need a car with power, to merge and the Versa has no power. None. I would mash the accelerator, close my eyes and pray. Well, never again. Now I get the most powerful car available, saving the company money be damned

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Jeep Compass when my tiburon was totaled I had rental on my insurance enterprise gave me a Jeep Compass had nearly a month till I bought my brothers wife’s Jetta. driving that Jeep was the worst no wonder why they get traded in and it had 8,000 miles on it at the time it felt like it had a 100,000 on it
When I gave it back to enterprise I told them it should be called a Jeep compost ( a pile of crap)

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Grand Prix that smelled strongly of vomit. Had to drive it 65 miles each way in commute traffic. That sucked.

mikes210

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK7
Country flag
Grand Am. Every one I rented sucked,
.just poor quality design

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
2018 toyota camry. I am glad that old camry was far better than 2018 toyota camry :doh:

Lazylahma

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I once had a Prius as a rental while my mustang was in the shop...lemme tell you was that a difference in vehicles I felt like I never had enough power to actually pull out into traffic

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I travel every month or two for work so I always use National because you can pick from a variety of cars. Honestly my preferred of the options is the Nissan Rogue, if it’s a mid trim or higher. It comes with Apple CarPlay and a decent sound system.

Worst rental car I’ve had was before I was 25 so me and my buddy had to rent from one of those “other” rental companies. It was a first gen Ford Focus. The odometer said like 50k miles but it felt like 250k. We didn’t want the car to blow up from a lack of abusive activity, so we didn’t let up on it the whole trip. I believe it ended up going through a strawberry field. Alcohol may have been involved.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dodge Ram truck. Had the funky knob on the console as the gear selector. More than once I nearly grabbed it thinking it was the radio volume. Horrible mpg - no surprise. Suspension was floaty and stiff at the same time?!?! Steering was vague. Just an overall unpleasant experience. And people pay ungodly amounts of money for this??? I don’t get it. Made driving my Civic feel like a F1 race car afterwards!

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had to part ways with my Type-R 3 weeks before receiving the CRV, ended up with a Citroen C1 MY12. Trashcan on wheels.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Worst? A Chevy Sonic. Left the lot and it had a check engine light as soon as I got on the highway. Never mind the low power, could barely merge!

Honda Civic 10th gen Your worst rental car? Chevy-Sonic-hatchback-NYC

I know it's not the subject, but best? Fully loaded Audi A4.
Honda Civic 10th gen Your worst rental car? 427560-2017-audi-a4-2-0t-quattro-s-tronic

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Years ago, I was getting my Honda serviced and the dealership had a Enterprise rental on site and they gave me a loaner. It was a PT Cruiser. I win.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Dodge Ram truck. Had the funky knob on the console as the gear selector. More than once I nearly grabbed it thinking it was the radio volume. Horrible mpg - no surprise. Suspension was floaty and stiff at the same time?!?! Steering was vague. Just an overall unpleasant experience. And people pay ungodly amounts of money for this??? I don’t get it. Made driving my Civic feel like a F1 race car afterwards!
That when Chrysler was trying to bring back the push button selector but in a knob form. On the delivery trucks at my job they have the Allison push button selectors they don’t work right you have to hit them a few times to get them in gear
Sponsored