Xenondepot hid kit issue. Welp

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Does it shake, or flicker? Those are two different things.

If it shakes physically, the bulb is probably defective and some glue didn't cure properly, etc.

If it flickers, that's a voltage issue and most likely your ballast.
It shakes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
When i first got my kid, the rings that came with the kit would not even fit so I removed them, which cause the light to be shaky obviously, but then I ended up having to take the gaskets off the stock halogen bulbs and use those so it would fit. Has anyone else had to do that? I haven't heard a single person ever having an issue like that before. I simply couldn't get the bulb to catch and be able to lock in any other way.
I can put in the bulb but its a bit lose.

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Can you post a photo of the hid bulb or anything to show us what you mean?
The bulb look tight when I put in the housing and lock it down. But when I lightly tap it the light beam would shake. Hard to take picture,maybe ill post a video later.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
When i first got my kid, the rings that came with the kit would not even fit so I removed them, which cause the light to be shaky obviously, but then I ended up having to take the gaskets off the stock halogen bulbs and use those so it would fit. Has anyone else had to do that? I haven't heard a single person ever having an issue like that before. I simply couldn't get the bulb to catch and be able to lock in any other way.
I think this is the issue he is having. Every car is different it seems. I installed mine with the included o-rings and it fit tight like factory. If I had installed them with the halogen bulb's o-rings, they'd probably be doing the same thing his are.

OP, do you still have the o-rings that came with the kit? If so, you should try swapping them out to see if that fixes it.

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
I think this is the issue he is having. Every car is different it seems. I installed mine with the included o-rings and it fit tight like factory. If I had installed them with the halogen bulb's o-rings, they'd probably be doing the same thing his are.

OP, do you still have the o-rings that came with the kit? If so, you should try swapping them out to see if that fixes it.
What o ring are you referring to ? Orange color? I did not install the kit myself.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
What o ring are you referring to ? Orange color? I did not install the kit myself.
The HID bulbs had their own o-rings. Those are the ones that should have been used, not the o-rings from the halogen bulbs.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Si
$160 on HID's?! Wow I spent WAY less than that on mine and its super reliable and it doesn't shake. Go take it back to the people you had install it for you and see what they say

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
The HID bulbs had their own o-rings. Those are the ones that should have been used, not the o-rings from the halogen bulbs.
$160 on HID's?! Wow I spent WAY less than that on mine and its super reliable and it doesn't shake. Go take it back to the people you had install it for you and see what they say
I know.... i just saw everyone talk about how good of company xenondepot is and figure will be worth it in a long run.

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Ok found the problem... the base of the bulbs weld is bad causing the bulb to move when driving over bumps.. going to call xenondepot for a exchange... hopefully for free without shipping cost... :( guess even the best make mistakes.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Ok found the problem... the base of the bulbs weld is bad causing the bulb to move when driving over bumps.. going to call xenondepot for a exchange... hopefully for free without shipping cost... :( guess even the best make mistakes.
That is strange, being that Philip's 4300k's are pretty much the best out there. They should take of you though.

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
@murf1179 bulb i got was bad. Lose weld at base. Got a set of replacement. It shake less , But still do shake over hard bump. I am not happy with the product and just force myself to get use to it. Not worth the money if u ask me :(.

Last edited:

murf1179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic SI
@Anothercivic I sent them an email and will be calling them sometime this week to see if I can get a set of replacement bulbs. Did you have any issue with the bulb gaskets when installing them? It is disappointing to spend a decent amount of money and not be 100% satisfied.

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
@Anothercivic I sent them an email and will be calling them sometime this week to see if I can get a set of replacement bulbs. Did you have any issue with the bulb gaskets when installing them? It is disappointing to spend a decent amount of money and not be 100% satisfied.
@murf1179 they going to ask you for pictures and videos. My seal from them seems ok... I think the problem is the bulb itself.... $50 hid kit doesnt even shake, why shoud the $160 kit shake...................
Sponsored