Xenondepot hid kit issue. Welp

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Hello. I finally decided to order this expensive kit from xenondepot... (4300k philip bulb) had pros install it,but i wasnt happy with the result...when i go over bumps and such. The hid light would shake for a sec.. Is this normal? Kit was 160$.​
Sponsored

Last edited:

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
It was the H11 Xtreme kit, correct?

I have that same one, and mine does not do that. The only thing that I can think of is maybe the bulbs were not properly seated in the housing, or they reused the old gaskets.

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
It was the H11 Xtreme kit, correct?

I have that same one, and mine does not do that. The only thing that I can think of is maybe the bulbs were not properly seated in the housing, or they reused the old gaskets.
Yes.... did you put the orange ring from the original bulb to the new hid bulb?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the HID Volt kit and, yeah, I'd check to see if the installers properly seated the gaskets like the picture above or if there even on there. I recall that when I got mine, the gaskets were right under the metal locking tabs and they definitely won't fit in that spot. I had to move the gaskets down and then all was right with the world.

My lights do not shake at all.

Worse case scenario, get in touch with Xenon Depot - they're very good about responding to questions and concerns. Good luck!

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
No. I used the ones in the kit.

image.jpeg
Man. This sucks....everything seems tight. The light is fine when driving on smooth road. But if i hit a big bump the beam shake and seem to be happening inside of the hid bulb,like something is lose. :(

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
I have the HID Volt kit and, yeah, I'd check to see if the installers properly seated the gaskets like the picture above or if there even on there. I recall that when I got mine, the gaskets were right under the metal locking tabs and they definitely won't fit in that spot. I had to move the gaskets down and then all was right with the world.

My lights do not shake at all.

Worse case scenario, get in touch with Xenon Depot - they're very good about responding to questions and concerns. Good luck!
Have you drove over anything bumpy road and pay close attention to the light?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you drove over anything bumpy road and pay close attention to the light?
Sure enough. We have our share of bumpy roads here in Texas. LOL. Like I said, no issues. Call/email Xenon Depot. I think they'll take care of you.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
If the housing itself is not moving, and the bulb is tight, I don't suspect the bulb.

To further diagnose, I would recommend turning the adjustment screw to aim the housings up a few degrees to see if that helps. Park in front of a wall 25 feet away(make sure it's level) and put a yard stick on it so you can see how much the beam is being adjusted. You have to remember that halogen housings were not designed for HID's, so the cutoff may make it appear like it isn't right. I had to adjust mine after install, and that made a significant difference in both peripheral light output and forward visibility.

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
When i tap the back of the bulb. I can see light shaking. Does that mean the orange seal is no good?
If the housing itself is not moving, and the bulb is tight, I don't suspect the bulb.

To further diagnose, I would recommend turning the adjustment screw to aim the housings up a few degrees to see if that helps. Park in front of a wall 25 feet away(make sure it's level) and put a yard stick on it so you can see how much the beam is being adjusted. You have to remember that halogen housings were not designed for HID's, so the cutoff may make it appear like it isn't right. I had to adjust mine after install, and that made a significant difference in both peripheral light output and forward visibility.

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
When i tap the back of the bulb. I can see light shaking. Does that mean the orange seal is no good, causing the bulb to move?

Andy123az

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Acura MDX Tech, 2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a question, who were the "pros" that installed the bulbs for you? Maybe you can bring your car back to them and let them know about it. Hopefully they can work something out and fix the issue.

OP
OP

Anothercivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
Just a question, who were the "pros" that installed the bulbs for you? Maybe you can bring your car back to them and let them know about it. Hopefully they can work something out and fix the issue.
Its a local shop that does sound and light for cars, the guy that worked on my car own the shop for more than 10 years. I also asked my mechanic friend to check it out. He said everything looks fine.

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Does it shake, or flicker? Those are two different things.

If it shakes physically, the bulb is probably defective and some glue didn't cure properly, etc.

If it flickers, that's a voltage issue and most likely your ballast.

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
When i first got my kid, the rings that came with the kit would not even fit so I removed them, which cause the light to be shaky obviously, but then I ended up having to take the gaskets off the stock halogen bulbs and use those so it would fit. Has anyone else had to do that? I haven't heard a single person ever having an issue like that before. I simply couldn't get the bulb to catch and be able to lock in any other way.
Sponsored