Xenon Depot Volt HIDs

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For all of us who have the projection headlamps in our Civics, gotta say, these are pretty impressive. For the price, ease of installation, quality of product and quality of light projection: the Volt kit is tough to beat.

The kit came complete in a box and each bulb and the accompanying ballasts were clearly placed in their own boxes.

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs LPIzKHIl

I purchased the 6000k color temp version and I couldn't be more pleased. Installation took less than an hour and that's because I was taking my time and trying to be neat with the install. Took me even less time than my first attempt at installing the OPT7 LEDs.

So here's the obligatory stock light:

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs zbTkY0Rl

Here's with the XD HID Volt light:

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs ZgZbIzTl

And here's with both sides installed and fog lights on:

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs 9Wo6IUbl

I haven't shot pics of them in use at night, but it's clearly better than the halogen and way better than any aftermarket LED bulb right now. Where the OPT7 and other LEDs will fall short, literally, is how much light it throws ahead of the vehicle. There's a very noticeable drop off in the LED where as the halogens and the xenon bulbs just seem to project much further down the road and the clarity of the xenons outperforms the halogens.

On a scale of 1-10, I gotta say Xenon Depot gets a 20 from me: for both their promptness in processing and delivering the order, the packaging of the kit and, of course, in the quality of the product. Pricing was great too! Under $100 for the kit with their discount code.

If you wanna upgrade your projection lights, skip the expensive halogens and the LEDs. You're not going to go wrong with this kit. The Xenon Depot Volt HID is a winner.

I'll update with some pics later.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
For all of us who have the projection headlamps in our Civics, gotta say, these are pretty impressive. For the price, ease of installation, quality of product and quality of light projection: the Volt kit is tough to beat.

The kit came complete in a box and each bulb and the accompanying ballasts were clearly placed in their own boxes.

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs LPIzKHIl

I purchased the 6000k color temp version and I couldn't be more pleased. Installation took less than an hour and that's because I was taking my time and trying to be neat with the install. Took me even less time than my first attempt at installing the OPT7 LEDs.

So here's the obligatory stock light:

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs zbTkY0Rl

Here's with the XD HID Volt light:

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs ZgZbIzTl

And here's with both sides installed and fog lights on:

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs 9Wo6IUbl

I haven't shot pics of them in use at night, but it's clearly better than the halogen and way better than any aftermarket LED bulb right now. Where the OPT7 and other LEDs will fall short, literally, is how much light it throws ahead of the vehicle. There's a very noticeable drop off in the LED where as the halogens and the xenon bulbs just seem to project much further down the road and the clarity of the xenons outperforms the halogens.

On a scale of 1-10, I gotta say Xenon Depot gets a 20 from me: for both their promptness in processing and delivering the order, the packaging of the kit and, of course, in the quality of the product. Pricing was great too! Under $100 for the kit with their discount code.

If you wanna upgrade your projection lights, skip the expensive halogens and the LEDs. You're not going to go wrong with this kit. The Xenon Depot Volt HID is a winner.

I'll update with some pics later.
Can you post up a link? And did you have to splice?

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Here's the link: http://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-Kit-Volt-HID-p/vdp-h11.htm

And no splicing at all. Purely plug and play. The only tool I used was a scissor to cut the double-sided adhesive to stick the ballasts! lol
Nice. Do these have a blue color to them? I'd be interested in seeing pictures also. I bought a HID Kit from xenondepot and they weren't that bright. Maybe I bought a cheaper pair but I'm looking to upgrade to a higher quality HID Kit.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here's another shot I made recently with the upgraded HIDs.

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs ooVWk8hl

They're a little more bluish than I wanted but the only option after 4300K was 6000K. I opted for the 6000K so I can't be too surprised I guess. But I do like the light output at night and really pleased so far with the fit and finish of the product.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The kit looks like it has the same components as the Xenon Depot kit. The Volt kit also came without a relay but from what I've read it should be fine unless you really want to add one. Mine are working perfectly as advertised.
I ended up ordering those I linked earlier. I think I will get them this weekend, depending on how things go, may get them installed saturday or sunday

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received the lights and had put them in, first set the ballast and one bulb was bad, the company was fast in sending me another set, pretty pleased with the light output of them...the lights are pretty even on the garage door, I got the 35 watt 4300k bulbs, didn't want them to be too blue...my driveway does angle up a little, so light might seem a little higher than normal

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs IMG_20160803_214212-1

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
did you have to readjust the lights after you installed
No. I did a cursory check and all seemed good. So far no one has flashed me when my HIDs are in use either.

TheWalkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many
Country flag
Received the lights and had put them in, first set the ballast and one bulb was bad, the company was fast in sending me another set, pretty pleased with the light output of them...the lights are pretty even on the garage door, I got the 35 watt 4300k bulbs, didn't want them to be too blue...my driveway does angle up a little, so light might seem a little higher than normal

IMG_20160803_214212-1.jpg
Carlson,

Any issues installing the H11's in your Civic? Any photos under the hood? Looks like a no-brainier upgrade for $50.

OP
OP
silverrascal

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best HID kit around $80?
XenonDepot often has sales on their kits and I got mine for around $84. Really good kit. No issues at all so far.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see so many of these posts and just because somebody created a "plug-n-play" kit, does not mean that it will never fail. I made a guide on how to make your own and install a relay harness (made or bought) for HID headlights. Don't risk your OEM wiring.

How to install HID kits with no risk of damaging factory wiring!

I just took my first good look under the hood of this thing to get started on my HID install. I cannot stress this enough.

DO NOT INSTALL HID KITS WITHOUT A RELAY ON THESE CARS!!!!!!

The wiring on the OEM halogen bulb harness is incredibly thin. It absolutely will fail with a HID kit drawing current through that tiny wire. Tomorrow I will finish my install and make a detailed guide on how to hook up a relay for your HID install.
Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs 20160122_171202

Honda Civic 10th gen Xenon Depot Volt HIDs 20160122_171226