XENON DEPOT PHILLIPS LUXEON H11 LED HEADLIGHT KIT

Jonny D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L w/Navi
Country flag
Just aim them down a bit.... Going from HID's to LED is a down grade IMO. LED isn't going to have near the light throw as the HID's..... And the 10 second warm up time, really? That bother's you?
You think, I should just keep the HID's? I can always compare the 2 when I get the LED's and see which ones I like better.

And I guess I am too impatient. I don't even like the start time time for Android Auto. Hahaha
Sponsored

scott5626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Do the low beams stay on when the high beams are turned on? I just installed xenon depot HID's and I noticed when I turned the highs on the HID's never shut off? I forgot to check this before the installation?

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do the low beams stay on when the high beams are turned on? I just installed xenon depot HID's and I noticed when I turned the highs on the HID's never shut off? I forgot to check this before the installation?
The low beams stay on

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe a dumb question - Did you guys replace the high beams too? I'm looking to make my headlights match the DRLs with this kit. Is it necessary to also buy something for the high beams to keep everything a solid white to match the DRLs?

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe a dumb question - Did you guys replace the high beams too? I'm looking to make my headlights match the DRLs with this kit. Is it necessary to also buy something for the high beams to keep everything a solid white to match the DRLs?
I rarely use the high beams, so spending another chunk of money upgrading the high beams to LEDs didn't make any sense to me. However, I did buy those cheapo blue-tinted halogen bulbs from ebay (~3 dollars for a pair), which produce a whiter light. IMO, they look better than the yellowish OEM bulbs, but the light output is questionable.

SuperTongue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I rarely use the high beams, so spending another chunk of money upgrading the high beams to LEDs didn't make any sense to me. However, I did buy those cheapo blue-tinted halogen bulbs from ebay (~3 dollars for a pair), which produce a whiter light. IMO, they look better than the yellowish OEM bulbs, but the light output is questionable.
Gotcha. Maybe I'll just do the low beams first since I'm like you and don't really use my highs as much. We're there any suggestions for matching high beam bulbs?

I'll go digging through the thread but just thought I'd ask ;)

scott5626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Alright thanks, 35W or 55W and have you been high-beamed by anyone before? Did you also do any aiming adjustments?
35w never been high beamed yet. Only driven a couple separate occasions at night though. Didn't adjust beam.

Danny17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX
Country flag
35w never been high beamed yet. Only driven a couple separate occasions at night though. Didn't adjust beam.
Sweet thanks for the info and quick replies. I have ordered a 55W 5500K kit and will see how that goes. Will get back once the kit arrive and I've installed.

scott5626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic
Sweet thanks for the info and quick replies. I have ordered a 55W 5500K kit and will see how that goes. Will get back once the kit arrive and I've installed.
No problem. If I were you I'd play it safe and use a 4 pin relay if you're going with the 55w.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad I found this thread. I tried a set of LEDs from OPT7 and had similar results: good color temp but the throw down the road was about the same or worse than the stock halogens. Plus, and this was a big issue for me, the controller/driver/heat sink was getting way to hot for my liking. Support from OPT7 has been really sub par and only advised I try using a supplied capacitor to see if it reduced the heat buildup. Nope. And rather than risk melting or destroying something in the engine compartment, I took them out for the time being. Not worth the risk, atm.
Sponsored