• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

WTT BMW E92 M3 ~30k miles for Type R

huey412

First Name
Hui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E92 M3
2010 E92 M3 6MT
Interlagos Blue Metallic

Super Clean BMW M3. Fully Equipped with everything: Navigation - Heated Leather Seats - Premium Package - M Drive - Dynamic Damper Control - Sunroof - Fully Serviced - Sport M Wheels

Clean Carfax. Services are listed on the CarFax if needed.

I purchased the car couple months ago from Ruby Automotive (https://www.rubyautomotive.com/inven...tails/42956015) with around 27,382 miles and have enjoyed driving it on the weekends. I'm located in the Pittsburgh area. Only parts I have added on is the carbon fiber front splitter, Remmus Exhaust, and the m3 strips. Also have the stock exhaust

Text or Call 412-519-4951
Title In hand

~30,xxx miles, it shouldn't go up since it is garage kept for the winter

3rd owner of the car

VIN: WBSWD9C58AP363030
Photos of the car:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5GdLMFpFUQF1GT8u6

Service:

Recent Services done:
~29.5k miles
Transmission fluid
Oil Change
Differential oil

http://bimmer.work/vin/b891cae400636...cf0738c785c4f/

Standard Equipment
431 Interior Rr Vw Mirror W Aut Anti-d
459 Seat Adjustm., Electr. W. Memory
5DS Luggage-compartment Emerg. Release
522 Xenon Light
524 Adaptive Headlights
534 Automatic Air Conditioning
540 Cruise Control
645 Radio Control Us
775 Individual Roof-lining Anthracite
845 Acoustic Belt Warning
853 Language Version English
876 Radio Frequency 315 Mhz

Options
1CA Selection Cop Relevant Vehicles
2MD M Drive
2MT M Alloy Wheels Double Spoke 220 W Mb
2VB Tyre Pressure Indicator
223 Dynamic Damper Control
302 Alarm System
313 Exterior Mirror Package
319 Integrated Universal Remote Control
322 Comfort Access System
4AE Armrest Front Retractable
4MX Int.tr.fini.alu Shadow Lengtw.cutting
4NA Interior Mirror With Dig. Compass
403 Glas Roof, Electric
441 Smokers Package
490 Seat Back Width Adjustment
494 Seat Heating F Driver/front Passenger
521 Rain Sensor
563 Lights Package
6AA Bmw Teleservices
6AB Control Teleservices
6FL Usb-/audio Interface
6UH Traffic Information
609 Navigation System Professional
615 Extended Bmw Online Information
620 Voice Input System
639 Complete Prep. Cellular Phone Usa/cdn
693 Satellite Tuner Preparation
697 Area-code 1
752 Individual Audio System
760 Individual High-gloss Satin Chrome
8SC Country Spec. Release Of Teleservice
8SP Cop Control
925 Shipping Protection Package
Sponsored

Last edited:

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just to clarify, you're not expecting a 1:1 trade right? Even used FK8s still go for MSRP.

OP
OP

huey412

First Name
Hui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E92 M3
Just to clarify, you're not expecting a 1:1 trade right? Even used FK8s still go for MSRP.
It won't be too far off. I know the used fk8 market goes around MSRP but it is hard to put a value on the m3 with all the options and low mileage. I think if I have an interested buyer, we would figure it out

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
you're better off selling it privately or trading it in. I don't think anyone in here will trade theirs.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, it's not just the price of the car, but also the maintenance cost. I really like the M class BMWs because it's a good mix of luxury and performance, but the cost to maintain is very high compared to the Type R. Maintenance on the Type R is very easy too. I wish you luck, I have no doubt you'll love the Type R when you get one!

OP
OP

huey412

First Name
Hui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E92 M3
Honestly, it's not just the price of the car, but also the maintenance cost. I really like the M class BMWs because it's a good mix of luxury and performance, but the cost to maintain is very high compared to the Type R. Maintenance on the Type R is very easy too. I wish you luck, I have no doubt you'll love the Type R when you get one!
To be honest just like any other car if you do all the maintenance yourself it's a lot cheaper. All the fluid changes I was about to do for around 350-400 dollars. I bet the dealer wants over 1k

zybar

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan, 2009 BMW M3 Sedan, 2007 Mini JCW Edition
Interesting trade idea...

I just put my 2009 e90 M3 in the garage for the winter and I miss her already.

I have toyed with the idea of selling the M3 and getting a Type R, but I decided that I just love my M3 too much.

Instead, I leased a 2018 Civic Si to use as my winter car. Not a Type R, but still a fun winter car at a reasonable price.

Assuming the trade doesn't happen, you shouldn't have any issues selling your M3 privately. I would post it over at a dedicated BMW site (such as M3post.com).

Best of luck.

George

Bumflik

First Name
Kinte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler . Sienna . Civic Type R FK8 '17
Country flag
He realized no one will give up a Type R for a 3rd owned high maintenance foreign liability

OP
OP

huey412

First Name
Hui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E92 M3
Interesting trade idea...

I just put my 2009 e90 M3 in the garage for the winter and I miss her already.

I have toyed with the idea of selling the M3 and getting a Type R, but I decided that I just love my M3 too much.

Instead, I leased a 2018 Civic Si to use as my winter car. Not a Type R, but still a fun winter car at a reasonable price.

Assuming the trade doesn't happen, you shouldn't have any issues selling your M3 privately. I would post it over at a dedicated BMW site (such as M3post.com).

Best of luck.

George
I know what you mean .Everytime I drive the m3 I fall in love with it .The amazing handling, the natural v8 sound .

OP
OP

huey412

First Name
Hui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E92 M3
He realized no one will give up a Type R for a 3rd owned high maintenance foreign liability
That is true, but I talked to a couple people that doesn't like the loud styling of the type r . People who want to move away from the type r, wants a m3 sedan which I don't have. I talked to a couple other people that doesn't understand why I would want to go from a BMW to a Civic haha. I told them, I always wanted a type r. I don't think the BMW is a high maintenance car. I did all the fluids myself for around 300$. Also since it's a v8, everything is pretty straight forward. I know everyone talks about the rod bearings but thats usually in very high mileage m3s which can easily be diagnosed with a black labs oil test . It cost between 1500-2000$ to get them replaced and after you will have a bullet proof car .