Would you trade Si 2019 for a 2020 Mustang turbo?

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Moving forward from NY to SC so now I can get that RWD I always wanted sans the snow! Yeah!!! Hell yeah!!! I am thinking maybe next year or the year after moving over to the rust tang. It's hard to argue with the numbers. They are now just a hair away from 350 / 350 offered in AWD. I think 338 / 350 is the current offering. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the Si ...
Sponsored

Zerobar78

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2012 Yamaha Super Ténéré
Country flag
Offered in AWD? Subaru is, the Mustang is not. To answer your question, no. Get a 5.0 and you'll never look back. Ford seems to have sorted out the LSPI issues on the Ecoboost but it still doesn't hold a candle to the V8. Go on the forums, tons of Ecoboost owners have buyers remorse.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Moving forward from NY to SC so now I can get that RWD I always wanted sans the snow! Yeah!!! Hell yeah!!! I am thinking maybe next year or the year after moving over to the rust tang. It's hard to argue with the numbers. They are now just a hair away from 350 / 350 offered in AWD. I think 338 / 350 is the current offering. It's leaps and bounds ahead of the Si ...
This is my opinion I looked at a mustang before I got my civic and this is coming from a ex mustang fan the fit and finish in the civic is more superior than the mustang and at 6’5” I had a harder time getting into the mustang than the civic I have a knee issue I can’t operate a manual anymore myself and family member owned fords new and old ford is going to put all they stock in their trucks and eventually put the mustang on the back burner. I would stick with the Honda

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Yes if you want a faster car, but I would go V-8 as well as others have stated.

No if you want to keep more practicality...

I don’t know your financial situation but if you can afford it why not. You only live once!

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I would not trade my 2019 Si for a Mustang Ecoboost. The Mustang has less practicality, lower fuel economy, more weight, and at the end of the day still has no more cylinders than my Honda.
A V8 Mustang for the right price, however...

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Go V8. They're pretty cheap considering the performance they offer and you'll have 0 chance of buyers remorse. No point in upgrading from a 4 cylinder honda to a 4 cylinder Mustang imo.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I owned few V8 Mustangs and Trans Am WS.6. Go for the V8 GT if your trading in the SI. You can shop around and get a great deal on new Mustang GT:)

OP
OP

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
Thank you folks ... I have to admit that the responses did surprise me. I strive for the basics. Low weight 50/50 weight balance etc. I would have guessed that the group would have gone with ... Great choice! The iron block masstang is not what you need. Go with the power added lower weight 4. It seems to be more of ... Just get the V8 (drop microphone)! I believe I do understand. The Si for instance is the perfect choice in the group. I could barely imagine spending 40k on a Honda Civic!

Boss240

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2018 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Get the GT with the performance package. The EcoBoost with the handling package and high performance package 335hp I believe will put you in GT price range. If you decide to mod you can get way further with the GT in terms of horsepower. TFL car just talked about the HPP EcoBoost mustang and says he still prefers the GT. You can mod the shit out of the EcoBoost and put maybe an additional 150-200hp with a ton of upgrades. Throw forced induction on the GT and your looking at 700+ with no additional mods. Plus you can order a base GT at a couple Ford dealers with the Roush with warranty or Whipple supercharger installed for a total of $39,999. Cant beat that.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Get the GT with the performance package. The EcoBoost with the handling package and high performance package 335hp I believe will put you in GT price range. If you decide to mod you can get way further with the GT in terms of horsepower. TFL car just talked about the HPP EcoBoost mustang and says he still prefers the GT. You can mod the shit out of the EcoBoost and put maybe an additional 150-200hp with a ton of upgrades. Throw forced induction on the GT and your looking at 700+ with no additional mods. Plus you can order a base GT at a couple Ford dealers with the Roush with warranty or Whipple supercharger installed for a total of $39,999. Cant beat that.
You’re avatar looks like it’s at bald hill ( years ago called ski bowl ) I lived a few blocks away

Boss240

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2018 Explorer Sport
Country flag
You’re avatar looks like it’s at bald hill ( years ago called ski bowl ) I lived a few blocks away
A pic someone else took. I couldn't take a good pic of it if no matter how hard I tried they always came out looking like shit. Haven't been to bald hill in years though.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Have you driven a Mustang Ecoboost? I drove one a few months ago when I was considering the new 2020 Ecoboost Performance Package. I did not like it.

The sales guy tried to tell me all my complaints about it were "because it's a real sports car" and my Si was not.

I guess real sports cars are huge, heavy, clunky, and drive like a boat while having almost no interior space.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I heard Ford is offering a lifetime of free recalls with every purchase lol
Sponsored

Last edited: