WOT pulls, how often?

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
I’ve never been one to really mercilessly beat on my cars, but I feel like I’ve been exceedingly gentle with this Civic. Which begs the question: how do most of you drive your Civics? How often do you do full WOT pulls?

I hit 3,000 miles today, and on my way to the gas station after work paddle shifted down and opened it up just a little. Maybe 75% throttle, to about 4.5k rpm. Which is literally the hardest I’ve driven this car since buying it. My last “fun” car was a 1LE Camaro and that thing got beaten on weekly, but it felt right. Something about the CVT just discourages me from really flooring it, ever.
Sponsored

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I wouldn’t say I floor it in mine a lot but I do drive it I’m sure pretty aggressively compared to a lot of people.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Even though I'm tuned, I don't go WOT all that often. With the tune, there's really no need. But when I do, she flies. :cool:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These ain’t VTEC engines of old. Max torque comes in at 1700 (CVT) and 2100 (Si) rpm.

Honda Civic 10th gen WOT pulls, how often? 107E1EF9-974B-483E-83A2-2706FC1FE4B8

No need to smash the pedal to have fun. On a stocker, just feather the pedal and bring it up to the appropriate rpm, give it a little more gas, then she flies. One can go WOT on the stock 1.5T but it just fizzles out at less than “it’s vtec, yo!” rpm.

I’d rather buy a used Fit (GD, GE) to wring it out than to abuse a 1.5T Civic that way.

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
There is no reason to go WOT with the CVT. It doesnt even feel or sound good above 4000-4500 rpm. Understanding how the CVT works, not pretending you’re driving with gears, and utilizing the powerband from 2500-4000 rpm. It is a zippy little commuter champ that steers like a go cart. If you think you’re driving a racecar, you’re going to be disappointed.

it took me about 30k miles of driving my LX to really figure out the car

Last edited:

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do WOT in 2nd on any day that ends with an “ay”. I bought the car because it was relatively cheap new, could get an extra bump in power for minimal extra money compared to the NA ‘15 it replaced and was intended to drive hard.

I don’t drive “fast”. My car has never exceeded 100 MPH. I drive it hard because it’s fulfilling my “driving a slow car fast” desire. It’s ok to WOT here and there and not draw negative attention.

SHAYN3R

First Name
SHAYNE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Everyday with my Si. TSP stage 1, no issues here. Fuel trims, knock, etc., all look good so I have fun with it.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is no reason to go WOT with the CVT. It doesnt even feel or sound good above 4000-4500 rpm. Understanding how the CVT works, not pretending you’re driving with gears, and utilizing the powerband from 2500-4000 rpm. It is a zippy little commuter champ that steers like a go cart. If you think you’re driving a racecar, you’re going to be disappointed.

it took me about 30k miles of driving my LX to really figure out the car
Actually my tuned 1.5T feels and sounds much better above 4,000 rpm. :cool: Also, keep in mind the CVT in the turbo models is a different/beefier unit than in the LX.

Last edited:

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
I do WOT in 2nd on any day that ends with an “ay”. I bought the car because it was relatively cheap new, could get an extra bump in power for minimal extra money compared to the NA ‘15 it replaced and was intended to drive hard.

I don’t drive “fast”. My car has never exceeded 100 MPH. I drive it hard because it’s fulfilling my “driving a slow car fast” desire. It’s ok to WOT here and there and not draw negative attention.
Everyday with my Si. TSP stage 1, no issues here. Fuel trims, knock, etc., all look good so I have fun with it.
Same here, and with my commute the miles on my car are 80% highway, so I average between 400-500+ miles per tank, typically between 470-510.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I go WOT pretty often. It still surprises me how fast my hatch goes when I step on it to make a quick turn or pass someone. I know the engine isn't very loud (I have an EX hatch so no exhaust tips) but I love hearing the different engine pitches as I go higher in RPMs.

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Tell me how good it feels and sounds after it explodes :eek:;)
There's always explosions in the cylinders my man and it sounds and feels awesome to WOT and hear the engine roar with those explosions happening.;) I wouldn't have bought an Si to baby it everyday, if you think going 100% on the throttle here and there will make your car go ''Boom'', you clearly don't know anything about engines

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Tell me how good it feels and sounds after it explodes :eek:;)
You expect this to explode when? Is there a number of WOT moments that count down to boom? Does redline need to be approached and if so, how close is too close?
Kindly let us know the documented forum threads or personal knowledge you were relying upon when you posted.

o_O

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Mine has seen 140 mph once at 3 am with zero cars on the (Mexican) interstate and it took all of maybe 45 seconds to a minute to get there.
It sees WIDE open throttle through multiple gears near everyday. For 2+ years and 27k miles.
I take extremely meticulous care of my cars. Early oil changes and maintenance's. Always the best premium fuel I can find. Stalk my logged data looking for any anomalies. ETC.

Its also why I purchased the car.

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
This thread is about whether the CVT can handle being pounded WOT every day, not the Si. The Si was built to be taken to redline. Taking the CVT to red line by putting the pedal to the floor makes no sense. The power curve drops off fast in the higher revs.
Sponsored