Worst feeling ever

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
If he WOT in 6th gear above 2500rpm it should be fine. It's when you mash the throttle in 5th or 6th below 2000-2500 that causes issues. Its not so much going WOT in 5th or 6th, its how high where you in the rev range when you do it. Our cars tend to rev high when cruising, in 6th gear when going 80mph it stays at 3000rpm, that's high enough in the rev range to step on it and pass aggresively in 6th without stressing the clutch.
Sponsored

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
If he WOT in 6th gear above 2500rpm it should be fine. It's when you mash the throttle in 5th or 6th below 2000-2500 that causes issues. Its not so much going WOT in 5th or 6th, its how high where you in the rev range when you do it. Our cars tend to rev high when cruising, in 6th gear when going 80mph it stays at 3000rpm, that's high enough in the rev range to step on it and pass aggresively in 6th without stressing the clutch.
I don't think I ever want to see 25psi in 6th gear regardless on stock clutch... lol

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't think I ever want to see 25psi in 6th gear regardless on stock clutch... lol
Yea I dont do it often, but it should be fine once in a while if you keep your rpms up. I would at least down shift to 5th to make sure you're above 2500rpm when going 50% throttle or more.

OP
OP
Masked

Masked

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Yea I dont do it often, but it should be fine once in a while if you keep your rpms up. I would at least down shift to 5th to make sure you're above 2500rpm when going 50% throttle or more.
He was at 2k RPM trying to spool the turbo to 25 psi in 6th gear... I hope no damage was done to the clutch in this short amount of time

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
He was at 2k RPM trying to spool the turbo to 25 psi in 6th gear... I hope no damage was done to the clutch in this short amount of time
Yea not good. Only time will tell, but my guess is he at least did some type of damage. On stock power it would probably have been okay, tuned different story. I'm Hondata tuned +6 PSI in Sport mode, I dont let anybody else use sport mode when they drive my car for this very reason.

Neddih

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
True, i stay on TSP Map 3 but i'm definitely the only one who gets to use sport mode haha

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Omgz!!

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
I've been driving manual for about 25 yrs mostly Hondas. I've driven everything from stage 1 to to stage 3 clutches. I can hop into any manual car and drive it like a pro. That being said.. It always gave me anxiety letting others drive my cars. First thing people do is start driving like a speed racer and burning the clutch.

aethecarfanatic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si Coupe
Country flag
At this rate though im sure manual is going to vanish in the not so distant future lol. Sad.
I wasn't even planning on buying a new car, first stick car. However I saw the list of only 40 something vehicles sold new with a stick today. This was the way I could "vote" with my wallet to keep the stick alive. I will not switch back now, when it dies, I will be very upset.

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sti, 2019 Si, Fr-S, 350z, Evo X
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
isn't it like...intuitive to not floor it in an overdrive gear...even if you dont know what that means I would know (i think) from driving an automatic (which i never have) that when you floor it it 'gets louder' because it dropped two gears....?

sry for your clutch but blessing in disguise, the stock honda one is garbage. Weird considering how incredible the rest of the car is. So yay! You GET to buy an ACT or whatever brand y'all use (ACT is great imo).

Also since you hace tsp tune and therefore ktuner, root access (hondhack) your head unit and get tunerview lite. That way you can see the throttle %, psi, and afr on the HU and scream "STOP IT JACKASS" a few seconds earlier.

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If he WOT @ above 3k rpm it should be fine as it's only for like 10 or 20 sec. Stock tune shouldn't cause issues and if you selected map 3 in TSP stage 1 tune I can't say
That much power (tsp stage 3 is kinda fast tbh) WOT for ten seconds is not a death sentence, 20 is (especially if he could...you know...be low enough rpm to hold WOT for that long).

My experience is that you should either be using TSP stage 1 onthefly map 2 because the clutch can handle it, or be like me and go with MAPerformance. Haven't looked back (I know tsp and Derek are just top tier dudes, but I think the power deliver is almost too smooth, and map 3 cannot do anything but reduce clutch life unless you drive like granny consentual_induction over here.

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
That much power (tsp stage 3 is kinda fast tbh) WOT for ten seconds is not a death sentence, 20 is (especially if he could...you know...be low enough rpm to hold WOT for that long).

My experience is that you should either be using TSP stage 1 onthefly map 2 because the clutch can handle it, or be like me and go with MAPerformance. Haven't looked back (I know tsp and Derek are just top tier dudes, but I think the power deliver is almost too smooth, and map 3 cannot do anything but reduce clutch life unless you drive like granny consentual_induction over here.
Can you share MAperfomance graph and tsp graph to compare

consensual_induction

First Name
Turbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag