xkabhoang

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Hey guys, I have been having trouble wiring my new rear bumper mustang lights on my 2016 Honda Civic EX sedan. I don’t know where two of these wires go, ground and day time running light. I got the brake lights good, but not sure where I’m suppose to put the rest. There is a +, 19, y in the picture. Where should I insert these two wires???

could anyone help with some advice?

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring Help 8A064409-F5AB-4869-A9CE-0BD0561B1004

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring Help C88D114B-FC2C-40D6-B9C8-688F884F8B27

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hey guys, I have been having trouble wiring my new rear bumper mustang lights on my 2016 Honda Civic EX sedan. I don’t know where two of these wires go, ground and day time running light. I got the brake lights good, but not sure where I’m suppose to put the rest. There is a +, 19, y in the picture. Where should I insert these two wires???

could anyone help with some advice?

8A064409-F5AB-4869-A9CE-0BD0561B1004.jpeg

C88D114B-FC2C-40D6-B9C8-688F884F8B27.png
I installed those on my car too. ill Check in the morning where exactly I wired them and post the pics on the thread.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Red wire I have it connected to the black plug on the side that doesn’t have any number or letter. So don’t connect it to the Y or 18

Honda Civic 10th gen Wiring Help B1AAD588-86B3-4D09-987F-F27EEF4A26C2

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
When it’s daytime and your headlights are off they will act as brake lights. When your headlights are on they will be constantly on.

OP
OP

xkabhoang

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
I’m

The black and white one is connected to the blue plug. Black is connected to the M1 side and white is on the other one which doesn’t have a number or letter.

1461582F-E07C-44F0-BF02-7B708CA41894.jpeg
Is your black your ground wire and the white the day time running light wire?

also, is your red braking lights attached to the positive brake light? Just wanted to make sure o:

OP
OP

xkabhoang

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Is your black your ground wire and the white the day time running light wire?

also, is your red braking lights attached to the positive brake light? Just wanted to make sure o:
Wait jk, I just looked at it again. Here is what I’m seeing, let me know if this is right:

blue plug is the brake lights
-there is black ground wire connected to the blue plug M1.
-There is white brake light wire connected to blue plug positive.

black plug has the red daytime running wire connected to the black plug positive.

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Wait jk, I just looked at it again. Here is what I’m seeing, let me know if this is right:

blue plug is the brake lights
-there is black ground wire connected to the blue plug M1.
-There is white brake light wire connected to blue plug positive.

black plug has the red daytime running wire connected to the black plug positive.
Yes I believe you are correct. I have aftermarket taillights and I don’t have the wiring and plug info anymore. Lmk if you need more info

OP
OP

xkabhoang

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
Yes I believe you are correct. I have aftermarket taillights and I don’t have the wiring and plug info anymore. Lmk if you need more info
I think your pictures are perfect, thank you a lot bro. I literally couldn’t figure it out the past two days after work and blew several fuses lol. Hopefully it’ll work today

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I think your pictures are perfect, thank you a lot bro. I literally couldn’t figure it out the past two days after work and blew several fuses lol. Hopefully it’ll work today
No problem man. I had to FaceTime my iPad from my phone to make sure I had it wired correctly lol.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX 4 Dr
Country flag
No problem man. I had to FaceTime my iPad from my phone to make sure I had it wired correctly lol.
fk i tried doing it and now my car doesnt turn on. I removed the battery for 10 minutes and tried plugging back in, doesnt turn on. I had roadside assistance come and charge my battery and it still doesnt turn on. When i try to start it, the brakes are hold to push and the accessory lights comes on and shows a whole bunch of messages. electronic brake system, brake error etc....

No clue what to do now..

OP
OP

xkabhoang

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
fk i tried doing it and now my car doesnt turn on. I removed the battery for 10 minutes and tried plugging back in, doesnt turn on. I had roadside assistance come and charge my battery and it still doesnt turn on. When i try to start it, the brakes are hold to push and the accessory lights comes on and shows a whole bunch of messages. electronic brake system, brake error etc....

No clue what to do now..
Check your fuses

IggyWiggy

First Name
Iggy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2020 10th gen
Country flag
Hi, is there any risk if I connected the wrong wire into a certain plug?
I am trying to install an F1 style 3rd diffuser brake light. I hope somebody can help me with this :(

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hi, is there any risk if I connected the wrong wire into a certain plug?
I am trying to install an F1 style 3rd diffuser brake light. I hope somebody can help me with this :(
Do you have a pic of the spoiler and the wires? I can maybe help you. If you plug it wrong you could blow a fuse
Sponsored