Wiper Blades ?? OEM or Bosch ?

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Cool, thanks. I'll keep that in mind if my Bosch blades ever crap out. My experience with the OEM blades has NOT been good, but I'll give 'em another shot for cheap.
Sponsored

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
If you haven’t bought blades yet consider going silicone instead. Lasts way longer although abit expensive. Piaa silicone blades are what I use you can find on amazon. Been on 2 years in Texas heat and still good
How much rain do you get in the Texas heat? I bet the stock ones last just as long when you hardly ever have to use them in severe raiN. Let’s find someone from Washington state to give us their opinion

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
oem wipers are streaking bad. 40k km in 4 months in wet and sanded snow.
dunno if i should get good ones so i dont have to worry about it for awhile or go cheap oem inserts every couple months.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
How much rain do you get in the Texas heat? I bet the stock ones last just as long when you hardly ever have to use them in severe raiN. Let’s find someone from Washington state to give us their opinion
Heat is what destroys blades here in Texas especially rubber, but not silicone. So you could have no rain but the stock blades will be useless in 6 months cause of rubber degradation

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
I need blades, are Bosch just as good or the OEM or better? The plastic where it clips in looks very large on the Bosch.. Can anyone comment??
I know this a super old post but next time you buy wipers invest in the RainX Advantedge Silicone Blades. Silicone blows rubber out of the water on every aspect especially durability. I'll never buy rubber super blades again. And if you get them at Advanced Auto they let you put $3 extra warranties on them which gets you replacements for 3 years. So like $6 every time you replace them after the upfront cost.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Very very easy, look on You Tube. I don't remember the link.
OEM wiper work great on snow too.

Here I found it , 10 seconds later ;

Coincidentally, this thread got bumped the day after I bought a Rain-X blade for my wife's CR-V.

I think I still have the OEM blades for my Civic (edit: I might own them, but I still have Bosch Icons on the car while the OEMs are in storage), and I'm going to experiment with buying just the inserts next time I'm at the dealer. I tried removing them yesterday but couldn't figure it out — I was trying to remove the end cap first, not the rubber itself.

Last edited:

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OEM blades have changeable rubber inserts for 10 bucks each.

SugarRuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I have pretty bad experience with the OEM wipers and their insert refills.

The new wipers lasted for less than one month, then began to smear the windshield on place of center of driver side, while the passenger side was fine.

The second set of refills was bought and replaced when my car was 10 months old, because the old wipers were jumping and noisy. The same issue existed. It just smeared and removed the coating I put on the windshield very fast, while the passenger side was also fine.

The third set was bought when it was 20 months old. This set is even worse, jumping and noisy in the second week and also on its second rainy day. What I noticed was that the part number was slightly changed(rear one was from 76632t5aj03 to 76632t5aj04) and the color of the refills was changed from dark black to a more grey black color.

Now I bought a set of Bosch Icon and am trying to see if it is any better. My OEM ones just came with flaws.

I was trying to buy a set of PIAA Si-Tech wipers but was told that the placed it set on windshield is noticeably higher than the OEM ones.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotta clean the windshield regularly.

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Country flag
My wife's 2016 Civic has the original one and they do the job very well.
Mine on 2018 Civic , 4 months old are like new.
Or it is because our Civic are made in Canada?
Same, mines just over 2 years and are still good

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
OEM inserts for me. I keep my window and blades clean, and swap them out roughly every 6-12 months. No skipping, smooth wipes and works great.
Sponsored