racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
I would not waste the time to start it and let it idle.
Agreed. imho, if you start it, then you have to drive it.. get everything up to operating temps - engine, coolant and exhaust pipe. As long as the salt is not on the road I try to keep my cars "active" year round.
Sponsored

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Civic Type R, 2005 S2000
I recently read that you can now get your underbody coated with a ceramic coat like substance and that sealant help you with the salt and prevents rust. I might get that done by a professional.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Not on these cars, but on other forums folks discourage occasional starting during winter storage due to rich running condition during warmup and lack of getting engine and oil to full operating temps to burnoff fuel dilution and water condensation. New oil, battery maintainer, clean and mouse proof (suggestions above are good). Or get winter tire/wheels setup and drive it if you are young and wild.:spaz:

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Disengage the parking brake as well?

Martin Riggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Yes. Chalk wheels instead. Park in gear depending on incline.

Nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Just took the car out for a moment to make sure it starts before I go for a drive later this week. Started fine and the battery was in good condition. It has been in gear and with the parking break on since October 10th, what negative affects can that have being parked that way?

Next year I will be putting something down under the car as it dripped so much Krown/RustCheck all over the floor... I should have seen that coming.

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Having some hub mounts are an awesome way for winter storage. Keeps those tires from flat spotting. Plus it makes it very easy to clean and prep for the spring / summer months.

Honda Civic 10th gen Winterize procedures? A47A89F9-553B-4D13-B867-E8A6E8D84626

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Just took the car out for a moment to make sure it starts before I go for a drive later this week. Started fine and the battery was in good condition. It has been in gear and with the parking break on since October 10th, what negative affects can that have being parked that way?

Next year I will be putting something down under the car as it dripped so much Krown/RustCheck all over the floor... I should have seen that coming.
I wouldn't leave parking brake set. Block wheels, if you think necessary.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Having some hub mounts are an awesome way for winter storage. Keeps those tires from flat spotting. Plus it makes it very easy to clean and prep for the spring / summer months.

A47A89F9-553B-4D13-B867-E8A6E8D84626.jpeg
That is both awesome and terrifying! Doesn't look like it would take much to "roll" it off those stands.

OP
OP
EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Looking good, i love the Lotus!! I actually purchased the "EZCarLift" - now I am able to lift up the car easily, and spin the wheels once in awhile during the winter. The lift is amazing and meets my needs perfectly. Here is the link: ezcarlift.com

A47A89F9-553B-4D13-B867-E8A6E8D84626.jpeg

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag

Mine is in neutral with no parking brake. I placed those wheel chocks 18 wheelers use when docked

bobafettm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lotus Exige; 2018 & 2021 Honda Type R
Country flag
Looking good, i love the Lotus!! I actually purchased the "EZCarLift" - now I am able to lift up the car easily, and spin the wheels once in awhile during the winter. The lift is amazing and meets my needs perfectly. Here is the link: ezcarlift.com
I checked out the site! That’s an awesome way to get the car lifted up even outside of your own garage. Very cool concept and I’ve never seen that before!

That is both awesome and terrifying! Doesn't look like it would take much to "roll" it off those stands.
Ha! No they bolt on just like a wheel with lugs etc. can’t spin or move around :)
Sponsored