Windshield "marks" that can't be removed.

Beardsupreme

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Hi Folks,

New to this forum and to Honda, picked up my 2019 Civic Hatchback a couple months ago. Couldn't be happier, that car rips!

That said here is my issue, I've noticed some windshield marks that cannot be removed. Only shows when the windshield is wet. Very annoying and unsafe when I drive at night and it is raining.

See attached some photos taken today after trying to clean my windshield.

I'm not too sure how to call this. Any idea of what it is and how I can could remove those?

Honda Civic 10th gen Windshield "marks" that can't be removed. IMG_6974

Honda Civic 10th gen Windshield "marks" that can't be removed. IMG_6970

Honda Civic 10th gen Windshield "marks" that can't be removed. IMG_6972

Honda Civic 10th gen Windshield "marks" that can't be removed. IMG_6971

Honda Civic 10th gen Windshield "marks" that can't be removed. IMG_6973

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
More information are need.

1- I'm sure you first try to wash you windshield with good soap and it do not work
2-Did you have that first day from the dealer ?
3- Paint on the car are OK ? In case you park where some one work with spray gun ?
It's happened to my wife car. Look carefully.
The dealer did not know what was it, it is our car paint shop in my town tell us.

Mur man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the same problem. First, there appeares to be a film coming from the wiper clip. Honda must be lubricating the hinge with a silcon grease that atomizes and lays down onto the glass that causes the clear section when wet. The choppy appeance on the rest of the glass looks like it's from waxing the car. You can try dish washing soap to cut through the grease and the wax but only on the glass though, you want the paint to stay waxed.
Use a high pressure sprayer on the hinge of the wiper to reduce the grease. If the problem seams to remain after using dish soap take it to a windshield repair company and show them. It could be the glass has etched from road work fumes or even acid rain. If it is a safety issue driving they may be able to replace through your Insurance.
If it's not repairable and they won't replace it try to minimise the light refractions by coating the glass with Rain-X immediately after you wash it with dish soap.
Good luck, I sold my 3rd Honda Civic and now own a Hyundai because their glass doesn't do this. :rofl:

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had the same problem. First, there appeares to be a film coming from the wiper clip. Honda must be lubricating the hinge with a silcon grease that atomizes and lays down onto the glass that causes the clear section when wet. The choppy appeance on the rest of the glass looks like it's from waxing the car. You can try dish washing soap to cut through the grease and the wax but only on the glass though, you want the paint to stay waxed.
Use a high pressure sprayer on the hinge of the wiper to reduce the grease. If the problem seams to remain after using dish soap take it to a windshield repair company and show them. It could be the glass has etched from road work fumes or even acid rain. If it is a safety issue driving they may be able to replace through your Insurance.
If it's not repairable and they won't replace it try to minimise the light refractions by coating the glass with Rain-X immediately after you wash it with dish soap.
Good luck, I sold my 3rd Honda Civic and now own a Hyundai because their glass doesn't do this. :rofl:
Hyundai issues;

http://www.hyundaiproblems.com

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
Try and clean a spot with rubbing alcohol. Hopefully that works then, give it a good clay bar. Then something to seal it that has hydrophobic properties

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
Beardsupreme

Beardsupreme

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
More information are need.

1- I'm sure you first try to wash you windshield with good soap and it do not work
2-Did you have that first day from the dealer ?
3- Paint on the car are OK ? In case you park where some one work with spray gun ?
It's happened to my wife car. Look carefully.
The dealer did not know what was it, it is our car paint shop in my town tell us.
Thanks for your reply.
1. I did, most of my windshield is looking new and shiny except for these spots.
2. only really noticed after it started raining
3. Paint is looking good, I park in a secure underground parking every day, no spray paint around me.

OP
OP
Beardsupreme

Beardsupreme

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback LX
Country flag
Thanks for the reply!
I'll take it to an official car wash with pressure washers and see how that goes.
A friend of mine recommended using a little bit of acetone too.

If nothing works I'll take it back to the dealership, that car is less than 3 months old with 2000km on it.
Sponsored