Window Tinting Benefits/Brands/Types/What did you pay?

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
Hey all-

First post! just picked up a 2016 EX-T and first thing was putting 35% on all the side windows with 30% on the rear windshield. Was able to get the 3M FX Premium installed for a total of $180 out here in Pasadena area. I'll post a picture shortly :imnew:
Welcome and congratulations!
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey all-

First post! just picked up a 2016 EX-T and first thing was putting 35% on all the side windows with 30% on the rear windshield. Was able to get the 3M FX Premium installed for a total of $180 out here in Pasadena area. I'll post a picture shortly :imnew:
Damn, that price is brazy. :respect:

JohnnyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T MSM
Damn, that price is brazy. :respect:
Hopefully "Brazy" is the good kind of crazy!:hmm: I thought it was a pretty good deal. If anyone is out here in the LA area I can send you to where I got it done. super nice people with great yelp reviews.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine done- paid $265 for 35% Llumar CTX
man... I got quoted $375, bargained down to $350 and I am still getting ripped off.

I've used this guy 2 time and I am happy with his work, but I don't like overpaying by a ton.

Anyone know a good place to get CTX film in Southeastern PA or NJ?

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
man... I got quoted $375, bargained down to $350 and I am still getting ripped off.

I've used this guy 2 time and I am happy with his work, but I don't like overpaying by a ton.

Anyone know a good place to get CTX film in Southeastern PA or NJ?
I don't know anything about CTX film, but I got my SolarGuard done at Sounds of Tristate in Morton, near Springfield, Delaware County. Good job, reasonably priced and lifetime guarantee. They can give you a quote over the phone.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know anything about CTX film, but I got my SolarGuard done at Sounds of Tristate in Morton, near Springfield, Delaware County. Good job, reasonably priced and lifetime guarantee. They can give you a quote over the phone.
I have been on here researching this a lot today. I believe you were one of the first ones to point out that EX-T or EX-L models and up already come with 70% tint from the factory. I am coming from a 2014 Ford Mustang Roush RS (http://imgur.com/a/aGrq4) which had 30% Llumar CTX and it was perfect. But any darker and I would be concerned about being a target. I don't know if Ford tints its Mustang windows at the factory, but my inclination is to think no.

30% on an already 70% window would probably take it down to like 22-25% and that would be way darker than I'd be comfortable with (even though I know I would like it). I might have to switch over to a cheaper ATC film and go 35%...

The one saving grace I have here is that I have an ivory interior - so a slightly darker window might be OK.

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have been on here researching this a lot today. I believe you were one of the first ones to point out that EX-T or EX-L models and up already come with 70% tint from the factory. I am coming from a 2014 Ford Mustang Roush RS (http://imgur.com/a/aGrq4) which had 30% Llumar CTX and it was perfect. But any darker and I would be concerned about being a target. I don't know if Ford tints its Mustang windows at the factory, but my inclination is to think no.

30% on an already 70% window would probably take it down to like 22-25% and that would be way darker than I'd be comfortable with (even though I know I would like it). I might have to switch over to a cheaper ATC film and go 35%...

The one saving grace I have here is that I have an ivory interior - so a slightly darker window might be OK.
I'd do 35 personally. You're right, 30 would put you down around 22-23. None of it is legal in PA, but 35% equaling around 28% shouldn't make you a target. I haven't been stopped since I switched the fronts to 35. Good luck and post after pics.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I would prefer to go 35%, but the guy I am going to only carries 30% and 40% CTX film...

I think I'd rather keep with the ceramic, so I am going to roll the dice and go with the 30%. I think 40% would be too light. And I am just not a fan of different tints on front/back.

I'll talk to him before I pull the trigger tho. Thanks for the help LBug.

quadna71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring sedan
Country flag
Brought to our favorite tint guy this weekend. Carbon 35 on front doors and carbon 18 on the rest. No windshield strip. $220 and he normally charges $50 to redo the front doors when you pull it off to go through inspection. First tag is good for 5 years in Delaware though so hopefully that'll not be an issue for quite a while.

Parked at work this morning
Honda Civic 10th gen Window Tinting Benefits/Brands/Types/What did you pay? Tint front angle.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen Window Tinting Benefits/Brands/Types/What did you pay? Tint side.JPG

LBug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Brought to our favorite tint guy this weekend. Carbon 35 on front doors and carbon 18 on the rest. No windshield strip. $220 and he normally charges $50 to redo the front doors when you pull it off to go through inspection. First tag is good for 5 years in Delaware though so hopefully that'll not be an issue for quite a while.

Parked at work this morning
Tint front angle.JPG
Tint side.JPG
You have to take it off for inspection? That sucks. This is my first tint. Maybe I can find a place that isn't concerned with tint?

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
You have to take it off for inspection? That sucks. This is my first tint. Maybe I can find a place that isn't concerned with tint?
You shouldn't have a problem in PA I don't think. I never have. I believe they overturned the law here that required glass inspection as part of the overall state inspection deal. I believe in neighboring DE, that's not the case... But then again, they don't pay sales tax on their purchases, lucky bastids!

If by chance you do have issues, I can vouch for Monro (which is a chain) - they gave me no issues.

Here's a link to PENNDOT info

http://www.dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BMV/BMV Fact Sheets/fs-sun.pdf

Last edited:

quadna71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring sedan
Country flag
You shouldn't have a problem in PA I don't think. I never have. I believe they overturned the law here that required glass inspection as part of the overall state inspection deal. I believe in neighboring DE, that's not the case... But then again, they don't pay sales tax on their purchases, lucky bastids!

If by chance you do have issues, I can vouch for Monro (which is a chain) - they gave me no issues.
No sales tax on most items, but we do have automobile sales tax. We used to only pay like 3.7% but it has recently bumped up to somewhere around 4.5% I think. You pay the tax at the the time of title/registration at the DMV.

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
No sales tax on most items, but we do have automobile sales tax. We used to only pay like 3.7% but it has recently bumped up to somewhere around 4.5% I think. You pay the tax at the the time of title/registration at the DMV.
Gotcha.

I sold a car once (2004 Acura TL) to a kid from Delaware... 4.5% is close enough to our 6%. I just remember taking him to the Notary to get the title transfer done and unlike previous transactions, he didn't have to pay any tax. He had explained how it worked, but I guess I misremembered.

MagicMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Coupe 2002 Mercury Cougar V6
Country flag
Has anyone gotten the windshield brow that has Sensing installed? I'm wondering if it's possible with the camera up there......

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone gotten the windshield brow that has Sensing installed? I'm wondering if it's possible with the camera up there......
Absolutely. I haven't, but have seen it here. They just tint around the box.
Sponsored