Wind swaying on freeway?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring - White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
New 2018 Touring sedan here. I thought that with its low-to-the-ground profile and impressive handling that this car would feel stable at higher speeds. Instead, when I start getting above about 75 MPH on the freeway, I'm kind of disappointed at how much the wind affects the car. It really gets buffeted around and at times even feels like the wind is lifting the car up ever so slightly. I understand that wind resistance will be a factor when you're going a little fast on a freeway. But, honestly, I've been doing monthly car rentals for the past year while waiting to buy my new car and have driven everything from entry level economy cars to high end luxury vehicles and SUVs, depending upon what was available to rent at the time. And I've driven them on this same commute that I now take my Civic Touring on every day and none of them rocked back and forth the way the Civic does.

What makes the Civic so susceptible to this?

And, no, this is not LKAS. I have that turned off.
Sponsored

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Interesting

My 2017 Touring is steady when facing side winds that blow 20-30 km/h without LKAS. With LKAS, it's rock steady where LKAS can see the road lines.

My wind speed estimates are based off of what I see on windyty.com and local weather channels which I take note off when driving on the 2nd busiest highway in my province

Even intermittent gusts so powerful that you can hear the wind snake around the A pillar fail to shake it up.