Win a Trip to drive Civic Type R and Si on Track in Miami

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Likewise.
I am surprised in two ways - I thought they would have held it at Mid-Ohio, and I thought it would be something that money could buy entry in to. Miami doesn't have it on their calendar. I suppose it's because it's private/closed.
If we don't get some action videos sooner (which, I suppose we should since the Si media embargo will end on the 6th), someone should be able to 'visit' the speedway visitor center or something and get some footage for us!

upload_2017-4-13_0-30-32.png
I'm surprised they didn't describe the date as "mid-2017".
Sponsored

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Oh yeah they read and follow us for sure.
Oh my little padawan there is so much you need to learn on how corps and social media works today.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Hah. Word.
Amazing- for a contest with only ten winners, we have an exact date. For the 1000's of cars they will sell, 'late spring' is the best we get. :headscratcher

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
Oh my little padawan there is so much you need to learn on how corps and social media works today.
Haha, I wasn't being sarcastic I was being serious because I was the one that posted the video of the Type R driving around and umm was contacted by a guy from Honda to take it down etc. lol my post was coming from personal expierence of a week ago haha

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
I used to work at Miami homestead speedway and still know ppl their. I made a phone call to find out if anybody knew about that sweepstakes. Person I spoke to didn't know about it put he did say Honda reps where their servaying the track a few days ago.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Considering the number of American Honda fans who are able to drive a stick, I'd say there is at least a 50-50 chance of winning this thing. :spaz:

Last edited:

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
Considering the number of American Honda fans still able to drive a stick, I'd say there is at least a 50-50 chance of winning this thing. :spaz:
Sad part is that's something they probably won't ask them in advance and will end up letting somebody that's not an enthusiast and can't even drive a manual out there :(

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
Sad part is that's something they probably won't ask them in advance and will end up letting somebody that's not an enthusiast and can't even drive a manual out there :(
It's in the terms and conditions, buddy (seriously). Are you telling me that you didn't engage a $1,000 per hour lawyer to review that mumbo jumbo fine print? :)

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
Winners were said to be announced starting at or around yesterday, May 18th. Any winners here?? I assume they would send out an official winners have been notified email.

MonkeyBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #680 CW, 2011 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Oh i didn't realize there was a thread already, sorry about the new thread i started. But selection should be today per the rules posted.

On or about Wednesday, May 18, 2017, ten (10) potential winners will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Administrator from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential winners will be notified on or about Thursday, May 19, 2017 at the email address or phone number associated with the entry.

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There is a process where you can write in and get the winners list from the contest administrator.

petem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be FK8.
Only available for residents of the United States :(
C'mon, where's your sense of adventure? Apply for expedited US citizenship and start looking at property listings in Florida. That will probably cost less than some people end up paying in ADM at US dealers.
:D

OP
OP

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok so I take it nobody from this forum won. That could mean one of several things including-

1. The winners don't get on the forum
2. The Winner don't actually GAF about the Si or TypeR
3. The winners don't identify themselves for fear of...something.
4. The actual number of people interested in the Si/TypeR is far far greater than the number of people on this forum. If I were to make a guess, I'd guess Honda got 100-1000x more entries than there are people on this forum.