Will Type R wheels and tires fit on Hatchback?

mike_1924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Did you have to trim the studs at all? Some others have mentioned trimming the rear studs was required with 19mm adapters
I know for a fact the 15mm wont cover the studs and need to be trimmed cus i test fitted one. Not willing to do that. i was worried the 20mm would but had not probs at all.
Sponsored

mike_1924

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Looks good,

As I've said I can lower with the 30MM but I don't want to harden the ride. The wider the wheel base the better (stance) which give you a firmer steer and better turning due to the wider stance. The only issue that can be caused with wheel spacers especially ones not designed for high performance cars, is it can cause long term wear on your suspension, just like any mod pushing more power or strain on anything can cause more wear more quickly than originally designed (but it may not, just possible depending on what extreme you are pushing the limits). Otherwise the wider your stance the more beneficial it is to the drive-ability of your car. My car rides better and handles better with the spacers on than without 100%. To effect my girlfriend noticed it seemed like it was driving and riding different and had no idea that I had even added spacers nor knew what they do if I would have told her. So this is a very noticeable mod the wider your stance is.

What are the best springs to maintain a soft ride with a lowered stance? I will likely be adding an underbody kit and not sure the lowering will be needed but I would like some opinions of other with Type R owners with spacers/lowered on what they feel their setup changes felt were after lowering and what MM spacer they are running. I am considering going to a 20x10 or wider depending on the offset limits on these particular wheels I have in mind (I need to look at the table on the wheels I am considering) [Forged] so I can consider all options, if I drop the money going with larger wheels the weight reduction from the forged wheel will offset the tire weight. Wider will likely be the direction I head with A Mugen underbody kit and the larger OEM stylized forged wheels will benefit far more than the lowering springs. However, I am not sure I want to drop $5k on wheels alone and haven't even priced tires for them yet I'm assuming at least another $2500. If the pandemic weren't in the current chaos it is I would be more apt to drop the money without a thought.

I just know that even if only a 20x10 will provide much more rubber on the road I need at this point with my existing mods and once my warranty goes I'm going all out on the engine build so it will require the larger wheels or the addition of the electric motors which add 100+ HP as a bolt on, I'm just not overly fond of the electric sound from the 2 electric bolt on hub ring motors, I could tolerate it and I think some models will allow turning them on or off as desired.

Sorry for the long winded post but I'd like some input from someone else that has gone with wider wheels (I'm never going to put 18"s on the car) 20" stays. And Spacers with lowering and ride quality from different options available. thanks
lots to consider. Im definitely a fan of drop.. but not willing to trade comfort for it. Luckily my investment isnt steep and i can easily swap back to precious set up. Right now is not the best time to spend big non essential.
good luck with your build.

fboE10th

First Name
zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Question guys, my cars suspension is stock, I ordered 19x8.5 +35offset rims but they’re 5/120 lug pattern. I ordered 1” spaced adapters and will be throwing them on my 235/35/19 tires. Thoughts on how this will look? I’m petrified

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Question guys, my cars suspension is stock, I ordered 19x8.5 +35offset rims but they’re 5/120 lug pattern. I ordered 1” spaced adapters and will be throwing them on my 235/35/19 tires. Thoughts on how this will look? I’m petrified

That’s like running 25mm spacers so unless you have a type r you will be poking out a bit.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Poking as in an ugly amount or just an aggressive look?
Thats all personal opinion, but the tires will be out further then the wheel well mine as mine are flush at 30MM on the Type-R which has fender Flares In its design .

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
I know for a fact the 15mm wont cover the studs and need to be trimmed cus i test fitted one. Not willing to do that. i was worried the 20mm would but had not probs at all.
Did you reuse your stock lug nuts for the type r wheels?

fboE10th

First Name
zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Thats all personal opinion, but the tires will be out further then the wheel well mine as mine are flush at 30MM on the Type-R which has fender Flares In its design .
Just got 15mm adapters in, 59” just dropped them and the wheels off at the shop picking it up in the am! Excited to see how it looks lol

fboE10th

First Name
zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Also yes, I fixed the mirror it just popped off lol

Mentalchemy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Doesn’t look bad guys, Wheels look a hair big to me without the fender flares of the R on your cars (That and the Type R is a 3-4” wider car mirror to mirror, but I’d still say it’s an improvement if you don’t have the type R. I am on 30MM and wonder how much more tire I can fit on the 20” with no issues and why I don’t lower it so I can add more rubber. I refuse to go aftermarket wheels, the stock wheel is the look the Type R commands. I am going to buy a set of the 2021 Phoenix Yellow LE Rays wheels even tho they are very similar looking I have a connection to get them thru Honda and they are going to be a rare wheel for any Type R with only 800 worldwide produced vehicles.

95B13DC4-76E4-46E4-ACEE-107F94E5BCBA.png
Doesn’t look bad guys, Wheels look a hair big to me without the fender flares of the R on your cars (That and the Type R is a 3-4” wider car mirror to mirror, but I’d still say it’s an improvement if you don’t have the type R. I am on 30MM and wonder how much more tire I can fit on the 20” with no issues and why I don’t lower it so I can add more rubber. I refuse to go aftermarket wheels, the stock wheel is the look the Type R commands. I am going to buy a set of the 2021 Phoenix Yellow LE Rays wheels even tho they are very similar looking I have a connection to get them thru Honda and they are going to be a rare wheel for any Type R with only 800 worldwide produced vehicles.

95B13DC4-76E4-46E4-ACEE-107F94E5BCBA.png
Hey Vtec R, what is that red section above your fog lamps? Is that a replacement for the honey comb section? I can't quite see enough of it to tell. Thanks!

Mentalchemy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI coupe
Country flag
Does anone have a direct link to a site that sells the hub centric adapters for an si for the type r wheels? I just got a set and they aren't hub centric and I got stuck with them. I'm looking for ones that have that lip and bore on each side like in the attached photo.
Honda Civic 10th gen Will Type R wheels and tires fit on Hatchback? 1588542853741_815B0QnGbVL._AC_SL1500_

JosephAang

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex
Country flag
I bought Type R wheel for my Civic EX. I know the bolt pattern is different so I’ll need wheel adapters 5x114.3 to 5x120 thinking 20mm so I don’t have to shave the studs at all. My question is do I need to buy different size lug nuts for the wheels? So instead of 12x1.5 would I need the 14x1.5?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

nrchaytor

First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback 6M
Country flag
I bought Type R wheel for my Civic EX. I know the bolt pattern is different so I’ll need wheel adapters 5x114.3 to 5x120 thinking 20mm so I don’t have to shave the studs at all. My question is do I need to buy different size lug nuts for the wheels? So instead of 12x1.5 would I need the 14x1.5?
I was going to use the oem M14x1.5 Type R lug nuts but the adapters I received had M12x1.5 studs. Luckily the oem lugs that came with my hatch worked fine.
Sponsored