Acordova70239

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello this is my first post and I have not a single clue as to what size wheels would correlate well with the Type R. I want something that won't negatively effect the car as in rubbing or cheap wheels that will break. Need a new set up because I live in Jersey and the weather is getting too cold for stock set up. I found these wheels that look great but I want to know if the size fits the car as in will I rub or lose the effects of the sport mode and +R mode. I know that I need tires to go along with it but the wheel is more of my concern due to tire rack not having good looking wheels. These are the wheels I'm looking into. Will they work? OPTION LAB FORMULA BRONZE R716 | 18X9.5 +35 5X114.3

Honda Civic 10th gen Will these wheels fit the CTR? Option Lab Formula OPL.L16-89565-35-MBZ-2T
Sponsored

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Hello this is my first post and I have not a single clue as to what size wheels would correlate well with the Type R. I want something that won't negatively effect the car as in rubbing or cheap wheels that will break. Need a new set up because I live in Jersey and the weather is getting too cold for stock set up. I found these wheels that look great but I want to know if the size fits the car as in will I rub or lose the effects of the sport mode and +R mode. I know that I need tires to go along with it but the wheel is more of my concern due to tire rack not having good looking wheels. These are the wheels I'm looking into. Will they work? OPTION LAB FORMULA BRONZE R716 | 18X9.5 +35 5X114.3

OPL.L16-89565-35-MBZ-2T.jpg
Ctr is 5x120 iirc

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you don't mind a black rim, and want something cheap for winter, try the Enkei YS5, I had those, but just sold them. My friend has a CW CTR and I sold it to him, looks good on his.

willimo

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Civic, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you go to Evasive or JHP USA they will have listings for wheels that fit the Type R. Just search those specs and you'll come up with a good idea of what will fit. You'll need to know the bolt pattern, which is 5x120, diameter you want, and an acceptable range of offsets for whatever width you want. When looking at wheels with "Type R fitment" you'll get a pretty wide range of offsets, so pick something in the middle on a middling to narrow wheel and you'll do ok. For example, I went with 18x8.5 +35 (18" diameter, 8.5" width, +35 offset) and they fit how I want. They are inexpensive wheels, though, so I still had to add a spacer to clear the front rotors, so it's not foolproof.

There are plenty of higher end wheels at that fitment that work just fine and they are becoming more likely to be marketed as fitting the FK8. If in doubt, go to the manufacturer's website and send them an email.
Sponsored