13 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. I don't care

11 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Axatax

Axatax Senior Member

Underwear model for JCPenny
    In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
    Car(s):
    2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
    What's your thought on this?

I hope so. Very few cars companies in this segment are producing MTs. You either have to get some type of performance non-drag car or a roadster.

2. CivicChina

CivicChina Senior Member

Designer
    Car(s):
    Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
    I'm pretty sure not for chinese market. And sadly, the fact that the civic is not selling well in europe, which is the only market where manuals are still popular, doesn't help.

3. racer

racer Senior Member

First Name:
    Dave
    Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si sedan. I drive a manual not because it is easy.. but because it is fun
    For the performance fan, yes, I think you will still find a manual. Si/CTR fans will want or expect a manual trans for the more engaging driver experience. Expecting a manual, though, will become harder to justify since 1) low sales take rates and 2) for the manufacturers, the more that they can control (ie, the transmission) the more efficient the package. Eeeking out an additional 1-2mpg will still be important. Of course, by the 12th gen, we will all be in electric pods ;)

4. Civics4Ever

Civics4Ever Rally Red EXT

Swimming pool tech
    First Name:
    Gene
    Car(s):
    99 Civic DX, 16 EXT Civic Coupe
    Probably. But only in the Si and Type R.

1981CBX, BoostedSiCoupe, Axatax and 2 others thanked this.
  5. jred721

jred721 Senior Member

First Name:
    James
    Car(s):
    '18 Honda Civic EX, '18 BMW M550i, '13 Mercedes ML350
    MT will only be in the CTR and Si and MAYBE a Civic Sport if they decide to come out with one again.

repeet thanked this.
  6. Flyingpiggie

Flyingpiggie Member

First Name:
    Ryan
    Car(s):
    2018 Type R, 2016 MX-5, 2008 Si
    I feel with Honda, they will have manual transmissions for a little longer just depends on car. They will probably keep the Si and Type r with a manual but if you going to look for a 6sp accord, you better off looking for a unicorn in some lost city.

7. MTBhatch

MTBhatch Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
    I have a big feeling that cvt on gen 11 civic will be push botton just like the accords. 6speed mt will only be offered in low end trim, Si and type R.

xbbnx thanked this.
  8. coo1rim

coo1rim Senior Member

driver
    Car(s):
    1998 civic, 2006 yaris, 2008 rav4, 2012 carmy, 2017 Civic LX
    Honda makes a seriously good manual transmission with decades of engineering gone into it. The fact that it can be had for less then the noob CVT is a huge bonus. It's a significantly better transmission for those who can tap into it.

Given that 10 percent of the 2019 Corolla Hatchback sales are manual, it'd be a bad move for Honda to let Toyota run away with that market.

9. NHCivicGuy

NHCivicGuy Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Si
    I think there will be manuals definitely, just not sure if the coupe will make it. That is where the numbers are lacking last I heard.

10. arsh88

arsh88 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
    IDK honestly. 1) MT transmissions are down to like 3% sales as of the end of Q3 2018 ( i haven't found q4 sales stats). 2) Autos do it better. yes they're boring but the shift speeds when present are simply faster. 3) evs don't even have gears. If EVs are the future there's no reason to keep trying to have gears.

On the flip side I could see them still offering it on models like the Si or the Type R. That said there were already rumors of them putting the ILX transmission in the civic si, so it still just might be a shift-able auto is the future.

From an enthusiast standpoint no more manuals blows. But from a business and logical perspective, making them doesn't make sense.

11. arsh88

arsh88 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
    While coupes look cool they aren't practical and since car prices have climbed the idea of 2 cars is even more rare. I mean i wanted an si but i went ex with cvt because i needed the hatchback's practicality more than going with a sedan that's a bit more fun.

12. NHCivicGuy

NHCivicGuy Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Si
    Very good point. If they made an Si hatchback, I would've went with that instead of the Si sedan. Type-R would've been nice, but hard to justify the extra $$$, although it is one heck of a car. Si was a great DD for me. Ah but I digress..

arsh88 thanked this.
  13. tsupersonic

tsupersonic Senior Member

Car(s):
    '17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '05 Civic LX
    Definitely on the Si and Type R (hopefully we still get this in US). It'd be nice if they offered the Si w/ an auto like the ILX. I would like Honda to continue to offer manual on the 11th gen 'normal' Civics as well - it's not like they won't make it for other markets.

arsh88 thanked this.
  14. dallasjhawk

dallasjhawk Senior Member

Car(s):
    2016 Civic EX-T, 2004 Acura TSX
    When Honda released the Accord with a 6MT for the 10th gen, they touted themselves as "Saving the Manuals" I expect they will keep it for another generation at least. I kind of hope they go to a DSG for the autos though.

15. charleswrivers

charleswrivers Senior Member

EMNC(SS)
    First Name:
    Charles
    Car(s):
    '14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
    I think we'll get at least a other generation with a manual. The coupe may go. If we ever have a generation where the Si has a automatic as an option, regardless of the flavor, that may be the last one if autos outsell the manuals by a huge margin. I bet there is a decent size group that buying a trim other than a Si was because they didn't want a manual and that was the only game in town.

I hope they keep it. I would have checked out a Chevy SS to compare the Charger I checked out... had they had a manual within 200 miles of me. Manual was very high on my list of wants.

dallasjhawk thanked this.